Death to blackberry

theboss924#CB

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Since those fools in Canada wanted to start a war with Android...

Here is my message to them...

motivator9e3d96ee70e4c654dfdb363733edd2df6c511ab4.jpg

J Antonio

Banned
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Was this honestly worth your time?. RIM, Android, Apple etc. are not cults. Buy what YOU like, I'm not gonna ridicule someone because of the brand name written on their phone. just sayin...

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
They are not a cult but some get darn close. Like the students in Canada who "declared war on Android". I too will never bash anyone for liking one brand over another. But, there are a lot of fan boys out there (Apple, BlackBerry, Android all have them) that think theirs is the only one people should be using.

J Antonio

Banned
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
They are not a cult but some get darn close. Like the students in Canada who "declared war on Android". I too will never bash anyone for liking one brand over another. But, there are a lot of fan boys out there (Apple, BlackBerry, Android all have them) that think theirs is the only one people should be using.

I totally agree.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It's worth noting that the whole "Students declaring war on Android" thing was just a made up gimmick from an upstart company trying to break into the mobile advertising business. Just sayin... :shrug:

candroid90

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Why kill what ultimately will make Android better? Not BlackBerry. QNX. We don't want RIM to die completely. Just be weak enough that Google can acquire them with a whole lot of trouble. lol:D

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
There are rumors that RIM is set to release a bunch of new devices in the coming months, all running BB OS 7. But I've got to be honest. Unless OS 7 is a quantum leap forward from OS 6, I really don't see RIM sticking around too much longer.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Clue: They are all phones.;) Don't get too worked up over them.
I'm here looking to perhaps switch from a BB to a Droid. At the end of the day I'll use the phone/OS that does the things I need it to do...even if it's called a Turd 2000.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
There are rumors that RIM is set to release a bunch of new devices in the coming months, all running BB OS 7. But I've got to be honest. Unless OS 7 is a quantum leap forward from OS 6, I really don't see RIM sticking around too much longer.
Considering the number of BB's actually sporting OS6 (I think it's what.. two of their devices?), OS7 coupled with much better hardware (finally), will entice a significant number of BB users to upgrade.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

yeah, because they fall into marketing hype, and fail to see the benefits of all three systems. personally, i have played with the iOS devices, they have their advantages, and downfalls.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Considering the number of BB's actually sporting OS6 (I think it's what.. two of their devices?), OS7 coupled with much better hardware (finally), will entice a significant number of BB users to upgrade.

I can agree with that, but I think the delay in getting OS 7 and the new hardware to market has really hurt RIM. Plus I don't really see a lot of people jumping ship to the BB platform, which doesn't do RIM any favors in the realm of new activations. But the BB user base is so huge that it may not even matter in the short term. Long term, though, I think it becomes a major issue as more and more people are attracted to the more rapidly evolving platforms of Android, iOS, etc.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Tbh after reading some of the articles from the agm, mike and jim are responsible for the mess they are in. giving those two over priced clowns 6months is way way to long. i think their past performance is all the reason to remove those two and give some new blood or sellout to google.
android isnt perfect by far but its in monumentally better shape then rim is. tbh with mike and jims past comments about putting camera's on phones crazy and such should have been reason to oust them early. if people demand something, a company should do everything their power to deliver. delivery means profit. well my blackberry 9800 torch has a rear facing camera. yeagh hypocrits, the fact that they refused to evolve is why many big accounts are switch secure devices with meh everything else for android or ios.
i own a blackberry playbook that i bought on its release april 19th. it is defenitly a game changer if mike and jim knew what to do with it. lets what is my playbook lacking over ipad and android tabs; native email, auto correct, all the games and goodies promised, ndk (wtf really?), and a consistantly working gps as well as much much more. what we have.... a descent web browser at times and the bridge browser, thats it. its left as a overpriced mobile browser despite finally having anoff power to do anything ios and android can do. i hope the people at qnx are on edge.
if google gobbled up rim i hope they can push out a qnx honeycomb os update in the amount of time one article said they would. but only time will tell, but my time is up my first android phone is currently comming today. yayyy.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Warning: Lots of opinions coming at you...

To me, the issue with RIM is complacency. Blackberry was (and basically still is) synonymous with business. And in its heyday, nothing else could really touch the Blackberry and I think a lot of that trickled down to the average consumer. It seems like RIM never really bothered to go the extra mile in trying to improve things because they didn't really have to.

But now with Apple and Google trying to reinvent the wheel every year or two and a horde of young, tech savvy and content-hungry consumers, RIM's offerings from both a hardware and software perspective come off as archaic and uninteresting. Android is growing by leaps and bounds, and it has a software powerhouse driving that development. Also working in Android's favor is Samsung, HTC, Motorola, etc. cranking out handsets like there's no tomorrow with hardware specs that put anything RIM currently has to offer to shame. In that regard, RIM can't keep up. In some sense, the Torch is proof of that. It was marketed as the the next big thing in the smartphone world. But OS 6, in my opinion, really wasn't all that much of an improvement over OS 5, and the Torch hardware itself was pretty underwhelming and really not any better than what RIM had released before. I don't know if I'd call the Torch a bust, but no one really saw it as being as revolutionary as RIM did. I think that's the point where everyone realized that RIM was in a bind. They were playing catch up for sure, but they're so far behind at this point that I'm not sure they'll ever be able to catch up.

The Blackberry user base is quite enormous, and RIM's upcoming offerings are sure to entice devoted BB users to upgrade, but to me that doesn't translate to new activations and it certainly isn't going to win back those that have converted to iOS and Android. I don't think BB is every really going to go away, but unless RIM does something drastic to turn things around, I see them becoming little more than a niche player in the smartphone market.

I don't know. That's just my two cents. But what do I know? I'm just an idiot in a gas mask who posts on the internet.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
@manchild prodigy, sigh i know first hand with the torch. the only thing its good for is the bridge browser, but seriously thats it. its a effin glorified modem. the playbook is absolutely the best device rim has put out in 10years and its not 100%, i know this again first hand. the qnx would have saved rim if bought and used 10 years ago before apple and google really rampaged the market. but rim was to late, bb os 5 is horrible and os6 was not better in anyway. with all the patents rim has you think it would be fighting with ios for number 2 if not destroying it. but no instead rim sits in back like a window licker saying "this is fine my current game makes me cool, ohhh look a new window to lick nom nom" while ios sits behind google plotting world domination and destruction of everyone in its wake. google sits in the front and brings the beer to the party. mike and jim dug the grave for rim, they need to be removed before the hang man comes by and finishes the deed.
when i read that bbos 7 was not going to be qnx i decided to look into android and abandon ship. for bb to just do the same old same old is more then proof that mike and jim are holding back the evolution of what could be a dominate device in every market. i would rather deal with a platform that has a future then something stuck in the past.

p.s. i cant believe android central blocks the use of re ta rd if its used in its defined sense, to hold back or restrict. but oh well :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol