08-09-2021 03:44 PM
63 123
tools
    Hard to say , you can't really predict future wise how your company will pan out , you can set goals and try different things and see what will stick and go from there . I think business wise there totally different mind set from back then to now, but I'm just taking a guess.
    Check out the book "Losing the Signal" for a great explanation of how former co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie effectively ruined the company through failure to innovate.
    mustang7757 and TgeekB like this.
    08-07-2021 07:53 PM
    From what I can tell right now, the current Uniherz PKB efforts seem to be destined to be the only real current efforts at an actual PKB for the next little while. Those seem to be basic phones, perhaps aimed at the core PKB and no-fuss users that have that need over all other priorities. Maybe it is the strategy to eventually start to move that concept to more powerful and richer Android experiences/specs if the basic ones are successful enough.
    There's also the Astro Slide and the F(x) Tec Pro 1-X that should be coming out shortly, around the same time as the Titan Pocket.

But aside from that and hopefully that 5G Berry, I haven't heard of anything else with a keyboard on the horizon yet.
    08-07-2021 09:54 PM
    I never saw the poll to vote, BlackBerry should be dead.
    08-07-2021 10:26 PM
    Check out the book "Losing the Signal" for a great explanation of how former co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie effectively ruined the company through failure to innovate.
    Definitely will , thanks .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-07-2021 10:46 PM
    Another hater you are.

How does it bother you in your daily life if they're occasionally making phones for the few who want them?
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    08-08-2021 07:23 AM
    ...and hopefully that 5G Berry...
    I think various talk from on CB suggests that the 5G Berry (from OM) will barely be a BlackBerry, notwithstanding that it will be at least partially branded as such, if it ever comes out. A bunch of the CB talk is sometimes narrow-minded in my opinion. Not necessarily wrong, but sometimes just too subjectively always slamming things off or down.

It will be interesting to watch what happens around all the different efforts mentioned in this thread. Seems to me there is still at least some desire/need for a PKB capability and there are still some efforts that will make that happen in at least a limited manner.
    J Dubbs and the_boon like this.
    08-08-2021 07:31 AM
    Lol, torpedo incoming
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    08-08-2021 08:51 AM
    So you wanted to vote in a poll for a phone . That you already don't like ?
    Grabber5.0 and the_boon like this.
    08-08-2021 01:08 PM
    Regardless of your feelings about BlackBerry, let's try and keep things civil. If you don't like it, great! If you like it, great! CB saw this a lot too. BlackBerry sure does bring out a lot of mixed emotions!
    Laura Knotek and Grabber5.0 like this.
    08-08-2021 04:05 PM
    Regardless of your feelings about BlackBerry, let's try and keep things civil. If you don't like it, great! If you like it, great! CB saw this a lot too. BlackBerry sure does bring out a lot of mixed emotions!
    There are a few know-it-all members on CB that are just sure that they're never wrong. They make steam come out of my ears! I think I need to add to my mute list over there.
    08-08-2021 05:18 PM
    I like to see as much competition out there as possible its better for us and keeps manufacturer innovating to be ahead of the next one .
    08-08-2021 10:20 PM
    I like to see as much competition out there as possible its better for us and keeps manufacturer innovating to be ahead of the next one .
    Exactly, especially when that competition brings variety to the table.
    08-09-2021 03:38 PM
    Absolutely! Competition means lots of excitement for us phone enthusiasts!
    08-09-2021 03:44 PM
63 123