Why does my OnePlus 8 Pro always seem better than my S20+?

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I always seem to go back to my oneplus 8 pro and i just cant see why as the s20 plus on paper is a better phone.
The main thing is how smooth the oneplus is on scrolling and touch its amazing.
I should be using my s20 which im on now but i keep thinging on moving onto the oneplus again just no samsung pay so onlycan get google pay which aint a problem.

Anyone have the same where they have 2 phones and seem to go back to the cheapest but cant 100% why.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Perhaps you keep going back to your OnePlus 8 Pro because it works just the way you want it to! If it's a smooth interface and a great experience (which is no surprise, given that Oxygen OS is the bomb), I can totally understand why you'd keep coming back to it. No worries! It's all good! Use what makes you happy and what gets the job done, and done well!

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree the Oxygen OS is amazing and as you said is so so smooth,no phone is perfect as we always want more on them.
I think that is one of the big things its so smooth and clear and very fast,i like the extra options you get being on the Oxygen OS.
I am trying to get into my s20plus 5g again as it cost me a lot more and dont want to just throw it in the draw.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I had the regular Oneplus 8 and I gotta say, probably the worst device I've ever had. Maybe the 8 Pro is better, but I had nothing but issues with the regular 8. Even though for general things, it ran pretty smooth, the lack of customization coupled with the lack of sd card support and all the issues I had really irked me. I had constant call/service issues.

If it was between the S20 + and the Oneplus 8 pro, I'd go with the S20 + easily. But, that's just like, my opinion man. I won't ever own another Oneplus device again.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree the Oxygen OS is amazing and as you said is so so smooth,no phone is perfect as we always want more on them.
I think that is one of the big things its so smooth and clear and very fast,i like the extra options you get being on the Oxygen OS.
I am trying to get into my s20plus 5g again as it cost me a lot more and dont want to just throw it in the draw.

I've heard so many phenomenal things about Oxygen OS. I can understand you wanting to pay more attention to your S20 + 5G, however - especially since it was an expensive purchase. I get it! Would you ever consider selling it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oxygen OS is probably the smoothest, fastest skin on andriod even over the pixel skin, might change with Google making its own chip.

jace1969

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
No mate i would never sell it as in its own way its a dam good phone,i have to say you mention the call issue with the normal 8 that some people have said they can hear me better on the s20plus than my 8 Pro.
If im not wrong there is a lot more on the pro than the normal 8 just the one is the wireless charging but the OS is so fast and smooth,i wish the samsung had the Snapdraggon chip in the UK version as it seems so much better.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
No mate i would never sell it as in its own way its a dam good phone,i have to say you mention the call issue with the normal 8 that some people have said they can hear me better on the s20plus than my 8 Pro.
If im not wrong there is a lot more on the pro than the normal 8 just the one is the wireless charging but the OS is so fast and smooth,i wish the samsung had the Snapdraggon chip in the UK version as it seems so much better.

The issue wasn't hearing. The issue was dialing calls out and it just not working for no reason. This was a much reported issue with the T-Mobile variant 8 I believe.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc