I have the Unihertz Titan Pocket...

lipoff

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
If anyone is curious or has any questions about it let me know

I got mine today and I have a few questions:

1) Can I activate "sticky keys" as on the Blackberry Key2? So when I press the [Shift] key or the [Alt] key I don't have to hold those modifiers down but can just press them once and then the next key press will be modified?

2) How do I deactivate the auto-correct? It's maddening. I have a physical keyboard so as not to have to use auto-correct.

3) The Blackberry Key2 had a really nice multi-buffer clipboard that was easily accessible. Is there something similar for the Titan Pocket or a recommend Android app for that?

Overall, the keyboard feels nice, although the layout will take a little getting used to. The screen feels very small. The device feels really well built and rugged.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I got mine today and I have a few questions:

1) Can I activate "sticky keys" as on the Blackberry Key2? So when I press the [Shift] key or the [Alt] key I don't have to hold those modifiers down but can just press them once and then the next key press will be modified?

2) How do I deactivate the auto-correct? It's maddening. I have a physical keyboard so as not to have to use auto-correct.

3) The Blackberry Key2 had a really nice multi-buffer clipboard that was easily accessible. Is there something similar for the Titan Pocket or a recommend Android app for that?

Overall, the keyboard feels nice, although the layout will take a little getting used to. The screen feels very small. The device feels really well built and rugged.

Well well, a fellow Pocket user on AC forums lol

1) Not hold down, but if you double press the sym or alt key you can enter several caps / symbols at once

2) I just use the BlackBerry keyboard, as the Kika one takes up too much valuable screen space due to that always-on number row. That plus the Android gesture navigation bar really eats up of what's left of that 3.1" display lol. Here's the link to it:
https://mega.nz/file/1BlESSRb#...oiHL76L0N0Eo5iPcClEdrzXTd0sP9k

3) "multi-buffer clipboard" ? Not sure what that means but the BlackBerry keyboard app does have its clipboard too. You can also go in the intelligent assistance menu and sett he Fn key to be Ctrl for copying, pasting, selecting etc

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Well well, a fellow Pocket user on AC forums lol...
Yeah I find it odd why Android users aren't having some of their Android discussions here on AC, and frankly speaking from the old BlackBerry crowd there aren't many BlackBerry users around that aren't basically also Android users now. I guess the "PKB topic" is just more of a target over on CB.

Edit: ...and just to be clear, I am not the fellow Pocket user @the_boon refers to.

Last edited:

lipoff

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
What a great suggestion. Thank you!

I was unable to download from your link without a code, but I went looking for the APK.

I was able to install version 2.7.0.11755, and I was able to get rid of the horrible auto-corrections, but it did NOT have the terrific Blackberry multi-buffer clipboard.

I was NOT able to install version 4.1904.3.16701 (1380), the latest version.

However, I was able to install version 3.4.1.16282 (496), which works perfectly for both input and for the clipboard (and navigation). And it even takes care of the sticky [Shift] and [Alt] keys.

WOW.

Thank you!

Usability factory increase x100.

The physical keyboard seems to have an odd "double entry" bug in certain apps, where two identical characters are input for each press of the key. So far in Kiwix and Google Pay (while trying to type in a credit card number!) and in Wise (formerly TransferWise) while entering an OTP. Calling up the on-screen keyboard suffices, however, although I have switched from Kiwix to Aard 2 for offline Wikipedia access as a result.

After a few more days of using the Unihertz Titan Pocket I will say that I'm getting more used to the keyboard, it has awesome battery life, but the screen is very small and it's a bit heavy. It is not as good as a Blackberry Key2, but it is also a lot less expensive. I haven't noticed anything particularly special about Android 11 versus Android 8 on the Key2, but I do appreciate being able to do some things without third party apps (remaping the function buttons without Button Mapper, restricting certan apps from accessing mobile data without NetGuard, screen recording without AZ Screen Recorder, set lockscreen wallpaper without Lockscreen Wallpaper, reading QR codes, etc.) On the other hand, given that those third party apps are free and worked fine, I'm not sure I see the big deal. And it maybe even forestalls innovation in an Apple-like manner.

Last edited:

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
What a great suggestion. Thank you!

I was unable to download from your link without a code, but I went looking for the APK.

I was able to install version 2.7.0.11755, and I was able to get rid of the horrible auto-corrections, but it did NOT have the terrific Blackberry multi-buffer clipboard.

I was NOT able to install version 4.1904.3.16701 (1380), the latest version.

However, I was able to install version 3.4.1.16282 (496), which works perfectly for both input and for the clipboard (and navigation). And it even takes care of the sticky [Shift] and [Alt] keys.

WOW.

Thank you!

Usability factory increase x100.

The physical keyboard seems to have an odd "double entry" bug in certain apps, where two identical characters are input for each press of the key. So far in Kiwix and Google Pay (while trying to type in a credit card number!) and in Wise (formerly TransferWise) while entering an OTP. Calling up the on-screen keyboard suffices, however, although I have switched from Kiwix to Aard 2 for offline Wikipedia access as a result.

After a few more days of using the Unihertz Titan Pocket I will say that I'm getting more used to the keyboard, it has awesome battery life, but the screen is very small and it's a bit heavy. It is not as good as a Blackberry Key2, but it is also a lot less expensive. I haven't noticed anything particularly special about Android 11 versus Android 8 on the Key2, but I do appreciate being able to do some things without third party apps (remaping the function buttons without Button Mapper, restricting certan apps from accessing mobile data without NetGuard, screen recording without AZ Screen Recorder, set lockscreen wallpaper without Lockscreen Wallpaper, reading QR codes, etc.) On the other hand, given that those third party apps are free and worked fine, I'm not sure I see the big deal. And it maybe even forestalls innovation in an Apple-like manner.
So the double input issues only happen in a handful of apps? Strange.

And my apk link shouldn't require a code.

While I do believe that the KEY2 is the superior device, being stuck on Android 8 was my main motivation for deciding to finally let go of it and try to commit to the Pocket. There are many differences between 8 and 11 imo, I mean they're three versions/years apart.

For example, system-wide dark mode is really nice to have, even on a 3.1" LCD.

Last edited:

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Battery stats
7c3fe689ad1031904491f447441dd7d6.jpg

Jackpotboxx

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys. Just got the Titan Pocket too. Does anyone know how to change the call background (call background when a call is live)? Mine was black when i unboxed the phone and made a first call, but it later changed to blue and then, green.

Also, how do i change the screen to vertical split mode? Saw it in one of the videos on YouTube but can't seem to be able to do it on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie