Europe to require USB-C, Apple mad

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
That would increase production costs and I'm not sure what they would gain by doing so.
Probably right .
I agree. If they were to segregate to regions, it would mean that Apple would need two runs of each device. One with their Lightning innards and one with the USB bus and connector on the board.

Unless Apple has been lying all these years and Lightning is really just USB with a custom connector.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree. If they were to segregate to regions, it would mean that Apple would need two runs of each device. One with their Lightning innards and one with the USB bus and connector on the board.

Unless Apple has been lying all these years and Lightning is really just USB with a custom connector.
Apple Never lies

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Last time I went on vacation I was using an iPad pro and an iPhone 12. This of course was before switching to Android. I realized when I got settled into my hotel room that I forgot my iPhone charging cable and only brought the USB c cord. I remember how angry I was at myself and asking the question, and not for the first time "how the heck can apple have two freakin charging cables for their products? Why can they not just use one, the USB c cord?!"

All I can say is, what a hassle it is to carry around 2 charging cables. Now when I go on vacation, I take the one cable since I use the s21 ultra. So much simpler.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I have a roll of different leads and adapters which I normally keep in my work bag: Mini-USB, Micro-USB, USB-C, a couple of USB 5V cables with proprietary tips, USB-A / Car adaptors and a USB power bank. One handy little thing I can take with me when I am away from home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro