Multi-phoners‽

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 phones. A Samsung S10+, a Pixel 6 Pro and an iPhone 8+. I use the Samsung mainly for playing a game I can't play on a different phone without losing my progress. It has a lot of space and is still fast but I don't like it as much as my Pixel. I love my 6 Pro. Such an excellent phone. The cameras are phenomenal!

I have the iPhone as I use an Apple Watch. Couldn't find an Android watch that I liked.
A multi-platformer. I was one for a long time.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I carry 2. Personal phone is a P6. Other is a work-provided iP8. Don't particularly like carrying 2, but when my time here is done, I'd rather just hand them back their junk rather than spend time extracting work stuff from my personal device.
Can certainly understand that. It really depends on how much you trust your IT department.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That is my dream -- to rock a Pixel and an iPhone. Or Sony, OnePlus, and an IPhone... Just need the cash first... And a talk with Hubbage, to make sure he's good with it.
It was a nightmare for me, LOL.

Both have different system apps so, in order to keep things congruent, I downloaded Google apps to the iPhone. Then I have a lot of smart devices in my home. Apple is way behind in this manner and it became unusable. Eventually I got tired of it and decided to settle on one ecosystem.

That's just my story though. You might find it more enjoyable.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
My "new," secondary device from Swappa should be coming today. Factory unlocked, ocean blue Note 9 512gb. I have been trying to find a Note 9 for the right price and the right condition for awhile now.

Hopefully this will be it as its listed in mint condition. Never bought anything on Swappa so I'm a bit nervous of what to expect.

Personally, in regards to specs, I would prefer the phone to have a great display, at least 8GB of RAM, 128GB of storage at least, at least 4000 mAh battery, and my personal preferred size for a display is around 6.4 inches. I have found that my Note 10+ with 12GB of RAM, 256 of internal storage + SD card support is a really good sweet spot.

The S10+ would pretty much fit the bill for all of those, except for I have always been more of a Note fan because I like having the S - pen around, even if I don't always use it.

I don't really care if a device is old or not, in regards to using the Note 9. I don't do anything too risky on it. And if I do things like pay bills or such, I'll use my Note 10+ since it's still getting security patches for quite some time. I wouldn't go any older than the S9/Note 9 generation though. I am sure Android 10 will still be safe to use for quite awhile.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My "new," secondary device from Swappa should be coming today. Factory unlocked, ocean blue Note 9 512gb. I have been trying to find a Note 9 for the right price and the right condition for awhile now.

Hopefully this will be it as its listed in mint condition. Never bought anything on Swappa so I'm a bit nervous of what to expect.

Personally, in regards to specs, I would prefer the phone to have a great display, at least 8GB of RAM, 128GB of storage at least, at least 4000 mAh battery, and my personal preferred size for a display is around 6.4 inches. I have found that my Note 10+ with 12GB of RAM, 256 of internal storage + SD card support is a really good sweet spot.

The S10+ would pretty much fit the bill for all of those, except for I have always been more of a Note fan because I like having the S - pen around, even if I don't always use it.

I don't really care if a device is old or not, in regards to using the Note 9. I don't do anything too risky on it. And if I do things like pay bills or such, I'll use my Note 10+ since it's still getting security patches for quite some time. I wouldn't go any older than the S9/Note 9 generation though. I am sure Android 10 will still be safe to use for quite awhile.
I got my Note 9 6/128 in early May (I have too many phones). It's works fine and I use it for biking, running, etc. It gets no updates but that's fine.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It was a nightmare for me, LOL.

Both have different system apps so, in order to keep things congruent, I downloaded Google apps to the iPhone. Then I have a lot of smart devices in my home. Apple is way behind in this manner and it became unusable. Eventually I got tired of it and decided to settle on one ecosystem.

That's just my story though. You might find it more enjoyable.

Aw man, that does sound cumbersome! Which one have you settled on now? Do you ever pop your SIM card into the other phone and use it?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
New to me but I like it. Have a Samsung Chromebook and buds also so they work well together.

What perfect integration! So glad you are enjoying the Samsung experience! I miss it sometimes. It's hard to choose between Samsung and Pixel for me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
What perfect integration! So glad you are enjoying the Samsung experience! I miss it sometimes. It's hard to choose between Samsung and Pixel for me.
They are similar but unique. I don't think there's a wrong answer just what you are comfortable with.

I like how they don't have proprietary things on the homescreen like Pixel forces on you (unless you root). I like the email app better. Little thing like that. Nothing huge. Plus I'm having wifi issues on the Pixel. Can't beat the Pixel camera though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
They are similar but unique. I don't think there's a wrong answer just what you are comfortable with.

I like how they don't have proprietary things on the homescreen like Pixel forces on you (unless you root). I like the email app better. Little thing like that. Nothing huge. Plus I'm having wifi issues on the Pixel. Can't beat the Pixel camera though.

I love Samsung's email app and am actually not a huge fan of Gmail. But I gotta use it on my Pixel 5. Third-party email apps don't really interest me. I think Samsung spoiled me! You're right about the Pixel camera -- I can't get enough of it!

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Finally, I have in my possession...

128gb Note 9 factory unlocked (midnight black)
256gb Note 10+ factory unlocked (aura black)

Plenty to keep me busy! I think I need a Note 8 now lol

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Finally, I have in my possession...

128gb Note 9 factory unlocked (midnight black)
256gb Note 10+ factory unlocked (aura black)

Plenty to keep me busy! I think I need a Note 8 now lol
I've been trying to justify getting a Samsung Re-Newed Note 10+ to replace my 6/128 Note 9 but it would still cost me $343 after trading in the Note 9 and its just a beater phone that I'm gonna bike and jog with so... The Note 9 did force quit an app! Something I don't recall my S22 Ultras doing so there is that. I'm sure a Note 10+ with its 12GB of RAM would perform better but it's hard to justify and I am trying to be less wasteful of $$$.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I never had any performance issues with my Note 10+ honestly.
Yeah from s10 and Note 10 up Samsung really step up their game on performance of the device unlike TouchWiz days
Exactly. My S10+ was flawless performance wise in February 2022. The only reason I upgraded to the S22 Ultra was because I got such a good trade in deal.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah if I wanted to trade in my Note 10+ to Samsung, I would get at least 500 for it. And thats great considering I only paid 260 for it.

T-mobile will only give 400 and no further discounts. I'm not doing it anyways because I dont want another phone payment lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze