I guess this is why we can no longer comment on articles

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
In the article on the Nothing phone I found this statement very funny.

"Nothing phone (1) is the most anticipated smartphone that is all set to launch on July 12."

What a great qualification, are other phones launching on July 12th?

This site is a lot less interesting, and visit a lot less now that they are afraid to allow comments on articles.

Waiting for the day when the site is renamed PixelCentral. Must be coming soon looking at the yellow area above each forum post.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Well you still have the Forums for help,tech talking etc ..

I agree, and there are a few people in the forums like yourself that provide great information. I still find myself reading much less on the front page now that comments are gone. Plus, I wonder about the future of the forums since they appear pretty hidden on the main page.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It is possible that it was intentional lol.

I like to think I'm at least partially responsible for a lack of comment section on the new site hahaha. But you're not wrong, the site is much less interesting now... from what I remember, haven't visited in a while.

The podcast has the same problem. I think it says a lot that they've haemorrhaged so much talent over the last 24 months that virtually the entire staff has had to be replaced.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree, and there are a few people in the forums like yourself that provide great information. I still find myself reading much less on the front page now that comments are gone. Plus, I wonder about the future of the forums since they appear pretty hidden on the main page.

I haven't read the front page or articles since the Android app quit working. I never use the website.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just have the forums bookmarked.

I always find it suspect when you can't comment on an article. It's almost as if people know they're posting a controversial or bs post and don't want any backlash.

Maybe it's a sponsored post?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just have the forums bookmarked.

I always find it suspect when you can't comment on an article. It's almost as if people know they're posting a controversial or bs post and don't want any backlash.

Maybe it's a sponsored post?
Also big sites try control spam which not easy thing to do if u look at other sites you see what i mean but i dont know for sure the reason behind it.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Also big sites try control spam which not easy thing to do if u look at other sites you see what i mean but i dont know for sure the reason behind it.

Absolutely.

I don't know how many times I've seen the "I made $1,599 working from home" posts.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I only come here for the wonderful folks and the forums, for me it's about much more than phones, it's about creating wonderful friendships with amazing people from around the world :D :p Just because the world's going a little crazy doesn't mean we can't party it up here. Cheers to everyone ;)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I only come here for the wonderful folks and the forums, for me it's about much more than phones, it's about creating wonderful friendships with amazing people from around the world :D Just because the world's going a little crazy doesn't mean we can't party it up here. Cheers to everyone ;)
This perfectly describes my thoughts, but you've said it much more eloquently.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
For whatever reason, it is a conscious decision to not allow comments, as other sites using the same software (Tom's Guide for one) have comments on articles. I also agree with everything noted above.

Regarding the sentence the OP quoted to start this thread; it is vague and poorly constructed and certainly worthy of witty snide comments. Just an example of the poorly written articles we're seeing now. Not to mention all the recycled articles, like the one about best Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 bands. It's been nearly 2 years since launch!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I only come here for the wonderful folks and the forums, for me it's about much more than phones, it's about creating wonderful friendships with amazing people from around the world :D Just because the world's going a little crazy doesn't mean we can't party it up here. Cheers to everyone ;)
Couldn't have said it better myself. Cheers!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I really like the lack of comments. I don't need to read people's opinions on subjects in articles. Forums are for comments, articles are for reading.

Wish Facebook got rid of comments on news articles.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I really like the lack of comments. I don't need to read people's opinions on subjects in articles. Forums are for comments, articles are for reading.

Wish Facebook got rid of comments on news articles.
It's the comments that lead to the full story. Reading an article, you are getting a single, filtered, and usually biased account of a story. In the comments is where you'll get additional points, counter points, and additional sources to let you form a more thorough opinion. I think a lot of news outlets removed comments because they were tired of being called out on misleading and false stories, and I wish comments were brought back.

If you don't want to read the comments, it's easy to avoid them. They are always put below the article or on a separate page.