It's business, don't take it personal. The NA market is too much. Love my Xiaomi 12t.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
How many years has it been since Apple started this courage BS. Not only removing the accessories but the 3.5mm headphone jack, charger. I'm surprised they still include the Cable.

My Xiaomi 12t not only includes the 120w charger that took less than half an hour to fully charge, a case was inside the box.

I went with Xiaomi because it still has the IR Remote Blaster. It's my all-time favorite feature on a phone.

I'm here in the Manila, Philippines and the phones they have here are amazing. Oppo, Vivo and Xiaomi.

It's sad that people here IMO buy iPhone for status when they have a handle of amazing phones. If I wasn't an addict I would completely drop Apple and maybe even Samsung.

My 12t only cost me ₱27,990 and included a Xiaomi Watch. I paid only $670 for both.

Sent from my 22071212AG using AC Forums mobile app

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I hate iPhones. I don't like the "one size fits all," sentiment to their customization. Also, in regards to BOTH Apple and Samsung to not putting the charger in the box but the cable, why even bother? It doesn't make any sense. It seems like just a slap in the face of "oh, well, thanks for putting the cable in the box for me but NO charger." It's stupid and doesn't make any sense.

I've never tried Xiaomi personally due to not being easily available in the NA market, as far as I know. But I've definitely heard a lot about them.
It would be nice in this day in age honestly if there was a phone manufacturer that actually gave us features like the headphone jack, SD card support, charger and accessories in the box, as opposed to taking features and items away instead. I think if LG was still around, they would be that company.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I hate iPhones. I don't like the "one size fits all," sentiment to their customization. Also, in regards to BOTH Apple and Samsung to not putting the charger in the box but the cable, why even bother? It doesn't make any sense. It seems like just a slap in the face of "oh, well, thanks for putting the cable in the box for me but NO charger." It's stupid and doesn't make any sense.

For what it's worth, chargers can last for many years. Usb cables are basically a consumable item that need replacing now and then.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Regardless, it's a waste of time for me personally to just have a cable inside of the box with no charger. Feels like an insult almost to me.

Technically it doesn't matter anyways, since I always have the charging brick usually from previous devices, but still.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Regardless, it's a waste of time for me personally to just have a cable inside of the box with no charger. Feels like an insult almost to me.

Technically it doesn't matter anyways, since I always have the charging brick usually from previous devices, but still.
Are those old chargers 120W? I would think not.

Sent from my [Redmi Note 10 Pro] using AC Forums mobile app

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
OP, that one cracking phone you've got there. As Xiaomi are readily available in the UK now they have become really popular.

I hope to upgrade to the 12t from my Redmi Note 10 Pro, which I've owned for 18 months, in the New Year.

Xiaomi make brilliant devices with all the bells and whistles included at very reasonable prices.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
That really doesn't matter considering none of the devices I have used have ever had 120 watt charging.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
yep! I think the 65 watt warp charging is about the most it should go.

I remember when I had the Oneplus 8 and it had 30 watt warp charging... It was insanely fast. I can't really see how someone would need to go beyond this.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
yep! I think the 65 watt warp charging is about the most it should go.

I remember when I had the Oneplus 8 and it had 30 watt warp charging... It was insanely fast. I can't really see how someone would need to go beyond this.
I have to admit, I've got 33W charging on my Redmi Note 10 Pro and it's quite fast enough for me. Having said that I always charge overnight with a standard 2.1A charger.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

The general desire of your average user is a paper thin phone, with week long battery life, that has zero lag and recharges in 5 minutes. Lol

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I think week long is a little bit much for expectations lol But a couple days would be nice. But if my phone lasts me from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed, then I'm happy and content. And honestly, I like my phones with a little thickness to it, like the Note 20 Ultra.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think week long is a little bit much for expectations lol But a couple days would be nice. But if my phone lasts me from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to bed, then I'm happy and content. And honestly, I like my phones with a little thickness to it, like the Note 20 Ultra.
I was exaggerating based on the often unreasonable expectations of the general public.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The general desire of your average user is a paper thin phone, with week long battery life, that has zero lag and recharges in 5 minutes. Lol

We'd all like the week long batery life that charges in 5 minutes... It's just that some of us understand the reasons that it isn't possible lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs