brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
GReat for Samsung!

If only they updated their software ever! :(

They make some great phones. Just need better support for updates for their customers. Maybe this news will bring that.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
GReat for Samsung!

If only they updated their software ever! :(

They make some great phones. Just need better support for updates for their customers. Maybe this news will bring that.

Or bring unlocked phones so that the development community can do the updating for them :)

But really, Samsung needs to keep phones updated for a reasonable time. After-all, most consumers are stuck with the phone for two-years or more and it would be great to have up-to-date software.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Or bring unlocked phones so that the development community can do the updating for them :)

But really, Samsung needs to keep phones updated for a reasonable time. After-all, most consumers are stuck with the phone for two-years or more and it would be great to have up-to-date software.

Yup! I just bought my first Android device. Coming from a Palm Pre-. I really liked some of the Samsung phones in the store (SG and so on). But after coming to these forums and reading up on the devices Samsung offers no support really. Where as HTC on the other hand does a good job (From what I read). I love the HTC hardware as well and the feel of the new E3D. So I went with HTC. If I hear of Samsung getting better at updates then I would totally buy a phone from them!

I think ALL hardware companies should have their boot loaders unlocked and NOT having to give up your warranty for it. Then again that's just me! Palm had their OS unlocked and they didn't take away their warranty. So if they can do it I don't see why others can not. And I know...Its a huge deal when it comes to people returning a device they broke. Still doesn't change my mind on the issue.

lebron1224

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't surprise me. They create strong phones and attractive at the same time but I know someone who has the samsung transform who cannot update android. Now I see here that he isn't the only one with this problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11