Steve Jobs dead!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

Like him or hate him, one cannot deny that he and Apple changed the world with iPods and iPads and even to an extent iPhones. He will be greatly missed by myself and others, even if we have Android devices :p

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Too arrogant to be ethical, all the way to his grave. He was a husk of a man.

Thanks to him for iPad, iPhone, and iPod. But it's a shame he left behind no record of philanthropy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Too arrogant to be ethical, all the way to his grave. He was a husk of a man.

Thanks to him for iPad, iPhone, and iPod. But it's a shame he left behind no record of philanthropy.

Very Ignorant post to say the least

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ignorant? Can you define the word? Or better yet, allow Google to define it for us: http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=us...-browser-type&action=devloc&q=define+ignorant

What don't I know? Please enlighten me on Steve Jobs' contribution to society.

Since you'll likely have a very difficult time finding his contributions to public well being, I'll give you my interpretation of the man's accomplishments. Those, I'm sure, someone can elaborate on.

He bought innovation and secured exclusivity on some of the greatest mobile technology (touch screens, screens) making worse the mobile device experience of anyone who wasn't an Apple customer.

Did his impeccable standards drive his engineers to produce products that caused Microsoft and Google step up their game? Yes. Did Steve Jobs make high resolution displays, great touch screens, and exceptional hardware profiles for laptops, phones, and tablets? No. Steve Jobs didn't make the iPhone. He made a brand. Thank the engineers and UX teams. Thank Apple. But Steve Jobs' personal contribution to tech is greatly overstated. His ignorance of humanity's ails were uncommon among the successful and demonstrative of poor character.

I take no pleasure in learning of his death, but he's no better a man in passing than he was last week. It takes an unenlightened man to acquire such wealth, be aware of human suffering, and be oblivious to philanthropy. He deserves little praise outside of the stock holders he enriched.

People who impress me are people who do, not their cheerleaders. People act like we'd still be on Windows Mobile 6.5 if it weren't for him. I disagree. It's insensitive for me to say this so soon after his death; but the internet is a place for honesty, not inhibition.

Though my argument is poorly organized, it's the best I have time for on my phone. Basically, his significance is greatly blown out of proportion, he hoarded his massive wealth, and he repeatedly claimed as his own or was given credit for the innovation of others.

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah, correction. Steve Jobs did "do" thirty years ago. (Apple II) He definitely deserves credit for those innovations. And for being an extraordinarily well performing CEO.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ignorant? Can you define the word? Or better yet, allow Google to define it for us: http://www.google.com/m?hl=en&gl=us...-browser-type&action=devloc&q=define+ignorant

What don't I know? Please enlighten me on Steve Jobs' contribution to society.

Since you'll likely have a very difficult time finding his contributions to public well being, I'll give you my interpretation of the man's accomplishments. Those, I'm sure, someone can elaborate on.

He bought innovation and secured exclusivity on some of the greatest mobile technology (touch screens, screens) making worse the mobile device experience of anyone who wasn't an Apple customer.

Did his impeccable standards drive his engineers to produce products that caused Microsoft and Google step up their game? Yes. Did Steve Jobs make high resolution displays, great touch screens, and exceptional hardware profiles for laptops, phones, and tablets? No. Steve Jobs didn't make the iPhone. He made a brand. Thank the engineers and UX teams. Thank Apple. But Steve Jobs' personal contribution to tech is greatly overstated. His ignorance of humanity's ails were uncommon among the successful and demonstrative of poor character.

I take no pleasure in learning of his death, but he's no better a man in passing than he was last week. It takes an unenlightened man to acquire such wealth, be aware of human suffering, and be oblivious to philanthropy. He deserves little praise outside of the stock holders he enriched.

People who impress me are people who do, not their cheerleaders. People act like we'd still be on Windows Mobile 6.5 if it weren't for him. I disagree. It's insensitive for me to say this so soon after his death; but the internet is a place for honesty, not inhibition.

Though my argument is poorly organized, it's the best I have time for on my phone. Basically, his significance is greatly blown out of proportion, he hoarded his massive wealth, and he repeatedly claimed as his own or was given credit for the innovation of others.

Sad just sad while he types this on a device made to be competitve with Steve Jobs creation. He started from the bottom and made it to the top. He was once an underdog himself. It seems yours angry at the man for being successful for some odd reason. His contribution to the tech world is not understated. You're just mad because the guy was successful. You're a hater, that's exactly what you are. Nothing more nothing less. Get over yourself.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im not even going to get into this with IRSmurf lol, be just a waste of time. Some points I can see, others I heavily disagree but I wont poison this thread. Hes got his own opinions and everyone else has theirs :).

Im just worried that without his insane quest of "perfection", we will sink back to how it was without iPods/Pads/Phones. Sure the devices are here now, but to go back to the stagnant spells in technology would really suck. While it may be far fetched, Apple (with Steve at the helm) WAS a force to be reckoned with, and an inspiration to many geeks like myself, and with that driving force gone, I can slowly see Apple start to show some tarnish. Hopefully other companies will start to have that degree of dedication to the pursuit of "perfection".

Last edited:

larrytxeast

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have to TACTFULLY say I agree with much of what IRSmurf said, especially in terms of people acting like we'd still be using Windows Mobile 6.5 without him. More specifically, I think his innovations helped in the overall sense, but I seriously doubt we'd still be stuck in MS-DOS land without him alone, although he certainly contributed significantly to the overall marketplace in a way that strongly HELPED in that regard. I think it's part of the Apply mystique that people think Apple practically invented water & oxygen. That's what has always annoyed me about Apple, as that one person said (respectfully) the "sheep" mentality. I also agree with IRSmurf that the Internet is a place for honesty, period (pretty much).

But again, as I & the other person said (the one who mentioned the "sheep" aspect), Steve Jobs was a HUMAN BEING, he had a wife & children, and he had close friends who knew him as a PERSON. There were people like that who, I have no doubt, would've loved him no less if he had been an auto mechanic or bank teller like the rest of us. They ADMIRED his success & were happy for him, no doubt, but they would've loved him no less had he not been all that. It is mainly for those people that we want to show our respects for what they AS PEOPLE are going through, regardless of what we think (good or bad, either one) of the products coming from the company he helped found.

No one knows FOR SURE how much time they have, but I think it's reasonable to say most of us figure (or hope?) we will live to 75 or 80, and if we're really lucky, make it to 90 like people such as Winston Churchill managed to do, still in decent shape until the end. You REALLY don't think of life at ending at 56, there is still SO MUCH time left. As I said earlier, Michael Jackson dying at 50 was equally shocking, yes at 50 it's hard to imagine how much longer he still could've moonwalked, but whatever you thought of him or his music, he had children and friends who loved him no matter what, and it was sad for all concerned. Even if you disliked his music (I happened to like it myself), you had to feel for his children and his close friends. Same thing applies here.

LRH

the2ndflood

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
When did Steve Jobs pass away? I didn't watch the news today and Right now they aren't talking about his passing. He was really good at getting people to spend their hard earned money on tech gadgets that the person didn't really need in he first places . Apple will feel his death for a long time to come.

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not too sure how much more he would have done.by his own admission he wanted to cease the moment.his greatest moments came after his diagnosis.some people are just made like that...when their backs are against the wall, they find their greatest strength!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
When did Steve Jobs pass away? I didn't watch the news today and Right now they aren't talking about his passing. He was really good at getting people to spend their hard earned money on tech gadgets that the person didn't really need in he first places . Apple will feel his death for a long time to come.

Posted From My Sprint EVO3D Using Tapatalk -

In my opinion he wasn't great at getting people to buy stuff they didn't need, rather great at getting them to buy stuff they didn't know they needed before he introduced it.

Like the iPad and any tablet that followed it, people are constantly finding new uses for them. And yes, I know there were tablets before the iPad. They were pretty much crap. Which is probably why I can't remember ever seeing one in person or even heard of anyone I know that happened to own one.

Love my Xoom and quite confident it wouldn't be here if Steve Jobs hadn't pushed the iPad on us. In fact, I recall a lot of people laughing at it when he introduced it.

neller2000

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too sure how much more he would have done.by his own admission he wanted to cease the moment.his greatest moments came after his diagnosis.some people are just made like that...when their backs are against the wall, they find their greatest strength!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

I've actually been thinking about things since his death. What exactly could he possibly have thought up for us to have a latent need burst out from next? There's stuff such as LTE, NFC and other things that eventually will have a place in the iPhone but currently, especially for NFC, it just doesn't cover enough people to worry about it.

We all more or less have fast phones, can check the internet and email, text, have video conversations on the go, some of us can do NFC.

What would he and other big names in the industry aim for next, besides polish and incremental upgrades?

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
4c659527-f7ad-ccd7.jpg

I may have hated the products and the fans but ever since he died I don't care what anyone says, call me a hypocritical dick but thanks to his death, I think different :p. I made this after Minecraft went for all Android devices on my Motorola Xoom.... ironic but fitting, for I am sure that without Apple pushing the tablet game, Motorola would have never made the Xoom that I use every day, and without the iPhone I would never have the Android device that I use every day....

Thanks Jobs, for being the guy who made the products I hate, but somehow had to appreciate.

Sent from my Nexus S

swhite393

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe this will be a huge step back for Apple. Jobs was so hands on with all of their innovations. You can already see they fell short with 4gs when he had to step away due to illness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995