04-10-2012 01:32 AM
39 12
tools
    I cant post any threads..... Wtf?
    03-02-2012 12:55 AM
    Google will not go down. Apple will die before google does c.hack.
    joshua.worth likes this.
    03-02-2012 12:57 AM
    I hate to say it, but I think a time will come when Google will have to consider making Android a closed OS in order to create an ecosystem so they can make money outside of ads the way Apple and Amazon do.

Now that they own Motorola Mobility they have a way. Also, don't forget about the Market.
    03-02-2012 08:40 AM
    Now that they own Motorola Mobility they have a way. Also, don't forget about the Market.
    google is so big and makes so much with there foot being in the door of almost every great website! haha they'll be good for years before it comes to that! they know that they make far more giving what the people want and tossing there name on it!
    03-04-2012 09:59 PM
    I hate to say it, but I think a time will come when Google will have to consider making Android a closed OS in order to create an ecosystem so they can make money outside of ads the way Apple and Amazon do.
    Or at the very least, be a little more strict with the App Market. Too many malicious apps are being downloaded, and the media loves to point that out.
    03-04-2012 10:57 PM
    Google is embedded in peoples minds now. So many people use their services, so many people use them in their daily life without even thinking twice. I personally use NOTHING Apple. There isn't anything I feel I HAVE to use. I have convinced 90% of my friends to get rid of their iPhones. They saw my SG2ET and it was like the Samsung commercials, they were in aw. Other search engines have come and TRIED to take out Google, Bing for example. Another thing embedded in peoples minds, "Google it". Google is also WAY more than a search engine. Apple lemmings are just so damn fixated on Apple, that most of them are fanboys and nothing else. To say Google relies on Apple and not the other way around means they people saying that need to do more research. If Apple continues to sue the companies trying to release phones with the Android OS on it, it is only a matter of time before Google HAS TO strike back in some way.
    joshua.worth likes this.
    03-19-2012 12:17 PM
    Right now more than 450,000 Android smartphone apps are accessible on Google Play, which is coming out with more than 1 billion smartphone app downloads each month. Though, the latest Android operated smartphones have came out as feasible challenger to iPhone even though the Android apps don’t always have a huge squash. Google’s Android has been condemned about security matters. There has been a general charge beside Android that Google’s App stores contain more viruses & malware apps than contained by Apple’s App Stores. Even so, the Android apps generally ask for open permission for accessing your private data & phone features while Apple’s apps are very frequently supposed for accessing private data with no looking for proper user’s authorization.
    03-20-2012 05:38 AM
    Love this thread!!

Google is the beezneez and Apple blows!

But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my HTC Hero S
    03-20-2012 06:08 AM
    Ditto

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    03-20-2012 12:44 PM
    I think Google stands to loose more than Apple since, for example, iOS generates more mobile ad revenues for Google than Android. The figure I heard is iOS generates 80% to Android's 20%. Additionally, moving away from Google Maps would impact its core source of revenue. Siri also poses a greater threat since its searches are anonymous and this is useless to Google. If I were to choose, I'd say Google would be most impacted since there are viable alternatives to Google's services, such as Bing, Open Street Maps, etc. Consumers will purchase an iPhone without Google services being present. It's not a must have on the iPhone. Much like Adobe Flash wasn't the deal killer many hoped it would be. Google is in a precarious position since so much of its core business is dependent on iOS.
    04-06-2012 06:00 PM
    my think is. I have the lg optimus. I went from froyo to ics. They thought gingerbread was fine. Google can create there ROM's for all types of phones. Latest an greatest can go on such a small phone like mine. But Apple release's TONS of new versions of IPhones. We can always improve our one phone with new apps and new looks but apple can't do that. So they just release new phones.
    04-06-2012 10:34 PM
    I think Google stands to loose more than Apple since, for example, iOS generates more mobile ad revenues for Google than Android. The figure I heard is iOS generates 80% to Android's 20%. Additionally, moving away from Google Maps would impact its core source of revenue. Siri also poses a greater threat since its searches are anonymous and this is useless to Google. If I were to choose, I'd say Google would be most impacted since there are viable alternatives to Google's services, such as Bing, Open Street Maps, etc. Consumers will purchase an iPhone without Google services being present. It's not a must have on the iPhone. Much like Adobe Flash wasn't the deal killer many hoped it would be. Google is in a precarious position since so much of its core business is dependent on iOS.
    ?!?! Please cite your sources. These "facts" are highly suspect and need backup before they can be accepted (at least by me).
    04-08-2012 07:38 PM
    This is such a heated debate! Holy cow!
    04-10-2012 01:14 AM
    Always wondered this, if the IOS-Android war went far enough, do you think google will ever pull its services from iOS, so, for example; the iPhone couldn't use google maps, youtube, or google talk?
    Do you think Google is stupid? Cut a major source of advertisement off? Google would cut its nuts doing that....seriously? Google nav sounds like a dying lady, you tube is hot but so are many others, and Gtalk? really? I kind of wish Google would....but they be smart and crap....and look at the big picture...
    04-10-2012 01:32 AM
39 12