Google VS Apple

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If only google had stayed boss in voice recognition *sigh* mapquest is the go to nav app on apple for turn by turn. Here is the kicker, she sounds healthy! RIM CEOs stepped down. Hilariously years late. With Jobs gone, Google has a chance to bury Apple, but holding off the nexus in respect to Jobs? Yeah right......Google hooks, Google hooks! :p

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Apple will probably no longer be around in 10-20 years because its whole business model is based on charging a price they have no business charging for products that all too quickly become commodities. It won't be "magical" forever. Google isn't based on commoditized products; I need not have any loyalty to Motorola to continue enjoying Google's platform. Google is a better idea for consumers and investors for much the same reason.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Seriously? Google makes its money on search. Search engines come and go. Remember Altavista? It would not be too hard to take Google down since its profits are all in one basket - search.

Apple's products have peaked and faded as well. Desktops and even laptops are past their peak (but Apple still makes bank). iPods are fading. But every few years Apple comes up with fresh ways to make money. Not just relying one one product like search.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Google uses a lot more then just search. There are things such as the gmail, documents (which appeals to many small businesses), calendar which is very useful, the e-readers operating systems, the many other web based functions they have there own operating system, and now a very solid Android system.

So even if Google search dies the rest of these functions could be moved into a primary income force by changing just a few things. Lose the add space for Google search just fill in the empty right side of gmail or realise more Google primary nexus devices and charge for your free computer operating system and pull Google off the Nook and release a Google branded E-reader, release a premium package with Google documents ect for business users who are sick of Microsoft Outlook and stuff and boom, Google maintains a strong financial base

If Apple loses the iPhone / iPad novelty they have to design build and distribute a new device before they can regain any lost ground before making a profit. Knowing Apple they would just release the iPhone with a 4.0" screen instead of the 3.5 in screen and tell everyone its the new innovation in mobile technology, and all the Apple fans will buy it like they have bought the same phone over and over with every iPhone release.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Reactions: joshua.worth

mikeisnowonfire

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I think a time will come when Google will have to consider making Android a closed OS in order to create an ecosystem so they can make money outside of ads the way Apple and Amazon do.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it, but I think a time will come when Google will have to consider making Android a closed OS in order to create an ecosystem so they can make money outside of ads the way Apple and Amazon do.

Now that they own Motorola Mobility they have a way. Also, don't forget about the Market.

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Now that they own Motorola Mobility they have a way. Also, don't forget about the Market.

google is so big and makes so much with there foot being in the door of almost every great website! haha they'll be good for years before it comes to that! they know that they make far more giving what the people want and tossing there name on it!

tsak6789

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Or at the very least, be a little more strict with the App Market. Too many malicious apps are being downloaded, and the media loves to point that out.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Google is embedded in peoples minds now. So many people use their services, so many people use them in their daily life without even thinking twice. I personally use NOTHING Apple. There isn't anything I feel I HAVE to use. I have convinced 90% of my friends to get rid of their iPhones. They saw my SG2ET and it was like the Samsung commercials, they were in aw. Other search engines have come and TRIED to take out Google, Bing for example. Another thing embedded in peoples minds, "Google it". Google is also WAY more than a search engine. Apple lemmings are just so damn fixated on Apple, that most of them are fanboys and nothing else. To say Google relies on Apple and not the other way around means they people saying that need to do more research. If Apple continues to sue the companies trying to release phones with the Android OS on it, it is only a matter of time before Google HAS TO strike back in some way.

Reactions: joshua.worth

sirena.alex

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Right now more than 450,000 Android smartphone apps are accessible on Google Play, which is coming out with more than 1 billion smartphone app downloads each month. Though, the latest Android operated smartphones have came out as feasible challenger to iPhone even though the Android apps don’t always have a huge squash. Google’s Android has been condemned about security matters. There has been a general charge beside Android that Google’s App stores contain more viruses & malware apps than contained by Apple’s App Stores. Even so, the Android apps generally ask for open permission for accessing your private data & phone features while Apple’s apps are very frequently supposed for accessing private data with no looking for proper user’s authorization.

darktanone

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think Google stands to loose more than Apple since, for example, iOS generates more mobile ad revenues for Google than Android. The figure I heard is iOS generates 80% to Android's 20%. Additionally, moving away from Google Maps would impact its core source of revenue. Siri also poses a greater threat since its searches are anonymous and this is useless to Google. If I were to choose, I'd say Google would be most impacted since there are viable alternatives to Google's services, such as Bing, Open Street Maps, etc. Consumers will purchase an iPhone without Google services being present. It's not a must have on the iPhone. Much like Adobe Flash wasn't the deal killer many hoped it would be. Google is in a precarious position since so much of its core business is dependent on iOS.

pimpjuice1992

Banned
Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
my think is. I have the lg optimus. I went from froyo to ics. They thought gingerbread was fine. Google can create there ROM's for all types of phones. Latest an greatest can go on such a small phone like mine. But Apple release's TONS of new versions of IPhones. We can always improve our one phone with new apps and new looks but apple can't do that. So they just release new phones.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think Google stands to loose more than Apple since, for example, iOS generates more mobile ad revenues for Google than Android. The figure I heard is iOS generates 80% to Android's 20%. Additionally, moving away from Google Maps would impact its core source of revenue. Siri also poses a greater threat since its searches are anonymous and this is useless to Google. If I were to choose, I'd say Google would be most impacted since there are viable alternatives to Google's services, such as Bing, Open Street Maps, etc. Consumers will purchase an iPhone without Google services being present. It's not a must have on the iPhone. Much like Adobe Flash wasn't the deal killer many hoped it would be. Google is in a precarious position since so much of its core business is dependent on iOS.

?!?! Please cite your sources. These "facts" are highly suspect and need backup before they can be accepted (at least by me).

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Always wondered this, if the IOS-Android war went far enough, do you think google will ever pull its services from iOS, so, for example; the iPhone couldn't use google maps, youtube, or google talk?

Do you think Google is stupid? Cut a major source of advertisement off? Google would cut its nuts doing that....seriously? Google nav sounds like a dying lady, you tube is hot but so are many others, and Gtalk? really? I kind of wish Google would....but they be smart and crap....and look at the big picture...:-$

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38