Gizmodo loves Android more than Apple now?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Who here thinks the Apple-initiated swat-team attack on Jason Chen has shifted their love of all things Apple to a love for Android? The past week I've seen more positive Android articles (and more in general) than ever before and more negative apple ones.

Google Is Leapfrogging Apple

This article is GUSHING. :D

Google is done playing catch-up. Today they're setting the agenda: With Android Froyo, Google TV, mobile ads and streaming media, Google isn't just matching Apple?they're taking the lead.

darreno1

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Who here thinks the Apple-initiated swat-team attack on Jason Chen has shifted their love of all things Apple to a love for Android? The past week I've seen more positive Android articles (and more in general) than ever before and more negative apple ones.

Google Is Leapfrogging Apple

This article is GUSHING. :D

+1

I predicted this. Let's be honest, you will feel a little betrayed when the company you respected and showed personal bias towards, instead turned around and treated you like you were a criminal.

This is great for Android and in a weird way, I'm happy it went down the way it did because Gizmodo was always Apple or nothing.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Eh I don't think Apple will give up without a fight. Once the figure out the court battles with HTC end up in a stalemate they will kick into gear and try to produce something to match Google TV, but it won't succeed. They will try to play, have been trying to play, catch up on the phone arena for awhile by adding features to the dated iPhones to give common usability like folders, copy & Paste etc to their phones. Honestly you didn't decide to do this until 2010, wow.

I think Google ends up stepping ahead for awhile when they start delivery product, which on all accords today will be this year, and hopefully it's fully mainstream not long after. I wish my ISP/Cable company would kick into gear and hand out Google TV boxes.....

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
one ace Apple has up its sleeve is the massive data center they are building in NC. The rumors are that it will be used to house an improved mobile me, which also would become a free service. So, they might be able to do alot of the internet connectivity stuff like OTA app installations from your browser. Will they? That is a whole 'nother question.

Apple seems to have decided that you must have a computer running iTunes to play with any of their devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod etc). They want you to manually hook your device to your computer. If Apple were to announce true wifi syncing with iTunes/Address Book/iCal etc it would go quite a ways to gaining back some momentum. Also, you never know if their 4.0 OS will have some features we haven't heard about yet, and the new iPhone might be rocking a much better processor/screen.

WWDC is coming up shortly, so we will know in a month what Apple has to fire back at Google. I am confidant the iPhone 4 will give the Evo a run for it's money, but it won't matter. Why? There will be something (probably by HTC, but maybe the Droid 2) out around in the fall that blows away the Evo, Incredible, and the iPhone 4. The smartphone market, especially Android, is improving so fast these days you only need to wait a couple months and something better will be out. For the iPhone, you get to wait 12 months.

And people are surprised to heard there are 100,000 Android activations per day.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know. I watch diggnation's video podcast each week and Kevin Rose is in denial that his Apple products are not on top anymore. He said he didn't trust the market indexes of Android out selling iPhone this quarter etc. It just amazes me how loyal people become to a product. I never have understood that. When it comes to hardware, as big of an Android fan as I am now, if another company comes out with something that does it better I'm going to that company.

I would really like to see Android stay on top, because I like Google, and I think they have a lot of innovations on the way. This is just the beginning of what should shape up to be a great time in smart phone history!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Of course Gizmodo is going to go against Apple every chance they get now with Apple unleashing a legal team against them for the whole iPhone 4 debacle.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, as much as I want to back Gizmodo on this I really can't. I don't back Apple either. They knew they were getting their hands on an iPhone proto-type that Apple didn't let them have and knew they where paying for goods that weren't theirs and for all they know it could have been stolen. But that's a whole other debate.

I've never been a big fan of Gizmodo either way, but I do hope it comes out good for them and Apple. But I could see them turning to the bashing side with the legal team from Apple on their heals. Especially them kicking a door in over a phone....come on.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, as much as I want to back Gizmodo on this I really can't. I don't back Apple either. They knew they were getting their hands on an iPhone proto-type that Apple didn't let them have and knew they where paying for goods that weren't theirs and for all they know it could have been stolen. But that's a whole other debate.

I've never been a big fan of Gizmodo either way, but I do hope it comes out good for them and Apple. But I could see them turning to the bashing side with the legal team from Apple on their heals. Especially them kicking a door in over a phone....come on.

Honestly it's more than just a phone. Trade secrets... unreleased prototype, etc... Just a dumb move on Gizmodo's part and their lawyer that studied in the British law... smooth move...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Honestly it's more than just a phone. Trade secrets... unreleased prototype, etc... Just a dumb move on Gizmodo's part and their lawyer that studied in the British law... smooth move...

Yeah couldn't agree more. It will end up costing Apple a good deal of money to for people that were going to go ahead an upgrade now waiting for the new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol