New to Droid

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Recently made the switch from being a long time BB user to the Droid Razr. The default email is a bit lacking from what I'm used to but I can live with some of the shortcomings as the Razr is great. I am trying out K-9 and find it to be a decent program . The main problem I'm having is getting the default email program to stop retrieving the email. Do I simply delete the the account? And if I do that I assume K-9 will continue retrieving my mail.

Thanks in advance for any assistance from this new convert.
Barry

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Recently made the switch from being a long time BB user to the Droid Razr. The default email is a bit lacking from what I'm used to but I can live with some of the shortcomings as the Razr is great. I am trying out K-9 and find it to be a decent program . The main problem I'm having is getting the default email program to stop retrieving the email. Do I simply delete the the account? And if I do that I assume K-9 will continue retrieving my mail.

Thanks in advance for any assistance from this new convert.
Barry

I have a different phone than you but try this (the steps may be slighty different based on phone):

from the homescreen of your device:
- press menu
- go to settings
- scroll and select "Accounts & sync"
- Under Manage accounts, you should see you default email program as one of the accounts, select it.
- From this screen you can either choose to "remove account" or you can choose stop the email from syncing. this will make you stop receiving email from the email you do not want.

The wording may be different on your phone.

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Curious what you find lacking from the Blackberry. ... I too came from BB to Android and I find the exact opposite. BB did not do GMail well at all. Exchange service was slow unless you were on a BES. And, system wide all emails were truncated.

Just curious?

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My main issue is that it's not possible, at this time, to choose what emails will be deleted from what device. I found being able to delete an email *only* from the handheld device and leaving it on the server very helpful. As far as I know, and more experienced Droid users are welcome to correct me, using the native email one cannot delete from the server. As a result an email I want deleted is gone on the phone but then I've got to delete it from my computer. I readily acknowledge that I may be wrong as I am new to the Android OS. I started using K-9 rather than the native email and that does get rid of the unwanted email on the computer. What I haven't been able to do in K-9 is save an email. Once again that may be due to my newbie status with the program but I can't find a way to do it.

On a positive note I find the Android OS blows away what BB was offering. The Razr and the OS are super. Maybe RIM will get its act together but that's a thread that's probably not appropriate here.

clearly32

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
i'm currently trying to move from bb to android too but there are so many options!
other than the email, how is everything else with the razr?

Uncle Eliot

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving the Razr. The phone part of the phone is excellent. Very fine sound quality. I am on the Verizon network so I'm not sure if that's a factor. It was important that the call quality, managing of contacts, texting were good. I must say those are excellent. Even superior to the BB. My only issue was with the management of email but I switched to the K-9 app and dumped the native email and I found it to be quite customizable and a program I can live with. There are so many apps to make my life easier that I'm thrilled I made the switch from BB to Android.

As far as the Razr itself, well, I gotta' say the phone is outstanding. I guess you've already researched it. You can add my praises to the many you have probably read. It's not a perfect phone. I've accepted, a long time ago, that no phone is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan