Android device rankings...

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
If like to see a website(s) that do a comprehensive and updated ranking of all android devices.

There are so many coming out all the time, that would be nice to visit 1 or 2 sites and see how they have them ranked. And hopefully that would be connected to some reviews of the devices.

Obviously this is the subjective and relative, but it would still be helpful.

They can do a couple of different lists:
-All android phones
-Rankings by carrier
- Speculation list, where it includes confirmed unreleased phones
- Also a list for tablet devices

This may already exist and I'm just not aware of it if so please let me know.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ranked by what? Which devices are better is largely a subjective judgment. I wouldn't trade my Nexus S for anything on the market today (with the possible exception of the Galaxy Nexus), but that doesn't mean all the people with other phones are somehow wrong.

You could make a bunch of lists that would order them by various specifications, but that wouldn't really say much. A smartphone/tablet is a holistic experience, not a collection of technical facts. Any ranking would be guided by personal preferences in design, interface, and usage. It's as much about the user as the device.

Reactions: JesseMT4G

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Z,
I agree.
I'm talking more along the lines of specs, technology, software. I'd like to at a glance see if Verizon's new phone is better then tmobiles...and what those specs are. So not a list of what a person prefers, rather what has the technological advantage.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
pdadb.net has the closest thing to what you are describing. They have a "Fastest Smartphones on the Market" section. It's also the best place, IMO, for spec info on any smartphone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power