Pantech Element... Anyone else thinking shower mounted tablet?

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I am sure you have seen the CES coversge of the Pantech Element- the water proof tablet. My first thought was how sweet it would be to have a tablet in the shower. Hey if anything it would make an interesting Skype conversation...haha

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pantech Element... Anyone else thinking shower mounted tablet

that does sound like a good i
dea. image the conversations you could have..lol

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, my poop sessions already have doubled in time because of these gadgets, my shower time doesn't need to be doubled too. Plus, think about all the hot water you'd waste because you spent more time on twitter than washing your junk.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Id like a shower tablet with a couple of the waterproof speakers for music in the shower.

I know I'm not the only one..lol

Edit: Shower Skype?? Lol

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

That would be dumb. Some people can't seem to live without their phone/tablet for 5 minutes.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

The shower mounted tablet is a good idea if you dont have a girlfriend..... Lol.... You know what I am saying. Not knocking the op, just sayin.

nerdyperdy

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The shower mounted tablet is a good idea if you dont have a girlfriend..... Lol.... You know what I am saying. Not knocking the op, just sayin.

Lol. Yes..we know what your saying. And even with a girlfriend/wife, we could all use some...stress release..proper phrasing??lol

Id just like it for music while in the shower. I just got a bigger hot water heater and have been pushing 30 minute showers and music would be nice..lol

I'm married BTW so I can relate to the 'stress release'..lol

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Tapatalk

Comp625

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Like the OP, I am also considering a waterproof tablet system of some sort for the shower stall. I like to watch the news in the morning and/or have music running in the background while I shower.

The Pantech Element is still the only waterproof tablet out there that is reasonably priced. It also looks like the going-price hasn't shifted much since last October. The tablet still sells second-hand for about $150-$200 on eBay.

The downside to the Pantech Element is that, although waterproof, it is not steam-proof nor is it soap-proof. Also, the Element's software support is poor (it is running on an older "Ice Cream Sandwich" version of Android that is already outdated, and the mod-community is non-existent).

Am I better off buying a more modern tablet (for less money), such as the Google Nexus 7 or an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 1/2, and throwing it into one of these waterproof tablet pouch cases? Here's an example of the waterproof pouch -- it is essentially a glorified Ziplock-bag. It's not as classy or clean-looking compared to the standalone Pantech Element, AND the bag is "universal" so the fit wouldn't be snug. The upside to using practically any other tablet is that I'd have access to extra functionality via rooting/ROM's and essentially a longer life on the product.

On a related note, I previously thought about using Padtab but I don't think it is water resistent. So the tablet would be mounted onto the shower stall using the Dockem system for $10 --it's water-resistent and it's basically a glorified 3M adhesive system.

Any thoughts into this crazy idea would be most appreciated! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci