[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any experience programming in visual basic?

I have a project due on Monday which requires it. I'll probably just do a crash course as I go.

*customized tapatalk signature*

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] GNEX | CRACKFLASHERS | SECRET LAIR | BATCAVE

You too, traitor lol

I'd do it if I had the scratch, but I'm holding back for two things:

(1) My inevitable purchase of an off-contract next-gen Nexus
(2) This supposed Nexus tablet in July

I won't ever forget this device, probably #1 phone I have had all time. I may switch back and forth every now and then to test out some new fun things ;). Getting the White 32gb as well. I don't know why the white is sexy and the blue is kinda "meh" in my opinion.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I won't ever forget this device, probably #1 phone I have had all time. I may switch back and forth every now and then to test out some new fun things ;). Getting the White 32gb as well. I don't know why the white is sexy and the blue is kinda "meh" in my opinion.

And thus, the sadness commences :(

lol. I'm the opposite. I think the white looks meh...the whole camera thing on the back freaks me out. Looks like it was designed by Madonna coming off of a severe cocaine binge.

Reactions: oxymoron

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I hear ya. How much is it off contract? 600-650?

Yup 650.00 full retail, for the 32gb model

I didnt purchase it off contract tho and still kept unlimited data .From the way I understand it ,,might be the last phone on vzw you will be able to upgrade your phone to.
Since after July 7 if you change your plan or upgrade a phone while staying on contract you will lose unlimited data.
Preordering this phone still locks you in the unlimited data package.
The confirmation email on my order verified I still have unlimited data( for the forseeable furture) which really is my main complaint with vzw wanting to end unlimited data.

So hopefully vzw doesnt change the rules again on that since I try to stay with any contract I agree to.Kinda a gamble on my part.

My GN isnt going to be retired or even close to that point ,I will keep both phones active as I had with the dinc / and GN.
I have 2 lines and just forward my calls from whichever phone I'm not using to the other so that way I dont miss calls no matter which number people call me on

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I didn't have a contract renewal so I paid off contract for mine. Don't mind it really, I can always swap phones as I please :p.

I agree about the white and the camera, but I just am not a huge fan of the blue. Doesn't look right in my opinion. Should have just stuck with the standard black instead of blue. I loved my previous phones that I had in white (Fascinate and iPhone 4) compared to their black counterparts.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

And thus, the sadness commences :(

lol. I'm the opposite. I think the white looks meh...the whole camera thing on the back freaks me out. Looks like it was designed by Madonna coming off of a severe cocaine binge.

The reason I got the white was because the blue looked purpleish LoL remined me of Barney .Although your point of the white color designed by Madonna may be true too.HA

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I didn't have a contract renewal so I paid off contract for mine. Don't mind it really, I can always swap phones as I please :p.

I agree about the white and the camera, but I just am not a huge fan of the blue. Doesn't look right in my opinion. Should have just stuck with the standard black instead of blue. I loved my previous phones that I had in white (Fascinate and iPhone 4) compared to their black counterparts.

My father just bought a white iPhone...

:-!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Moms waiting for iPhone 5.
I think the s3 looks nice but not sure its worth it for me, and I'm broke, and no upgrade. Waiting for next nexus.

Anyway, at court so no phones allowed. Sucksssssss

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Moms waiting for iPhone 5.
I think the s3 looks nice but not sure its worth it for me, and I'm broke, and no upgrade. Waiting for next nexus.

Anyway, at court so no phones allowed. Sucksssssss

Yea my mom wanted the iPhone 5 but she doesn't want to wait and loose her unlimited data by upgrading from 3G to 4G. Figured that if she doesn't like the S3 she could just buy the iPhone 5 off contract as long as she gets to keep her unlimited plan.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yea my mom wanted the iPhone 5 but she doesn't want to wait and loose her unlimited data by upgrading from 3G to 4G. Figured that if she doesn't like the S3 she could just buy the iPhone 5 off contract as long as she gets to keep her unlimited plan.

Unless the ghosts of Steve Jobs and skinny Woz have anything to say about it!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yup 650.00 full retail, for the 32gb model

I didnt purchase it off contract tho and still kept unlimited data .From the way I understand it ,,might be the last phone on vzw you will be able to upgrade your phone to.
Since after July 7 if you change your plan or upgrade a phone while staying on contract you will lose unlimited data.
Preordering this phone still locks you in the unlimited data package.
The confirmation email on my order verified I still have unlimited data( for the forseeable furture) which really is my main complaint with vzw wanting to end unlimited data.

So hopefully vzw doesnt change the rules again on that since I try to stay with any contract I agree to.Kinda a gamble on my part.

My GN isnt going to be retired or even close to that point ,I will keep both phones active as I had with the dinc / and GN.
I have 2 lines and just forward my calls from whichever phone I'm not using to the other so that way I dont miss calls no matter which number people call me on

That's probably why I will get that SGSIII. I have an upgrade available and might as well use it before upgrading will force you to a tiered data plan.

In fact, going to order the 32gb in pebble blue right now. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Anyone see the article that Apple is trying to start a preliminary injunction against Samsung to postpone or stop the release of the GS3 in the US due to supposed patent infringements? I don't think anything will come of it since they tried it with Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Nexus and the HTC One series and we see how well that worked out for Apple. Just annoying that their mentality is LETS SUE ALL THE COMPANIES!!!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered the SGSIII. Looks like it uses the larger mini SIM card rather than the micro SIM in the Galaxy Nexus. Will have to get an adapter so I can switch between the two devices.

So my first Android device was the Thunderbolt, which I got on launch day in March 2011. Replaced it with the Galaxy Nexus in December 2011. Now on to a SGSIII in July 2012. Guess I'm addicted. :D

Sent using Tapatalk 2

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone see the article that Apple is trying to start a preliminary injunction against Samsung to postpone or stop the release of the GS3 in the US due to supposed patent infringements? I don't think anything will come of it since they tried it with Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Nexus and the HTC One series and we see how well that worked out for Apple. Just annoying that their mentality is LETS SUE ALL THE COMPANIES!!!

Exactly why I never buy anything Apple. Can't stand them. All of their lawsuits just reveal the truth, they're floundering. Android scares the doo doo out of them... as it should.

Just ordered the SGSIII. Looks like it uses the larger mini SIM card rather than the micro SIM in the Galaxy Nexus. Will have to get an adapter so I can switch between the two devices.

So my first Android device was the Thunderbolt, which I got on launch day in March 2011. Replaced it with the Galaxy Nexus in December 2011. Now on to a SGSIII in July 2012. Guess I'm addicted. :D

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Welcome to the club! My first Andy was the D1. Been hooked ever since. I gave my iPod away a week after I got the D1.

Oh, and this is for DM. Enjoying some Yards, in honor of your hometown (yes, read your bio thingy).
a6fbdc9e-cf6d-3c99.jpg

Hitting up some Shocktop next.

Cheers, fellas!

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reactions: dmmarck

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I feel ya there. I used to buy every new up and coming top of the line Android device on Verizon. I found myself happy with the nexus and haven't been looking for the next big hit. Does the sgs3 ship with ICS?

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.4 via Tapatalk2