[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and we had Surface around here for a week.

We sent it back. It's terrible.

In what way? I've been using various Windows 8 tablets on and off for over a year, and they have worked very well for me. I wrote something up about it a while back in chatter, here it is. 4.1.2/4.2 have relevancy against some of my points, but most of the post is still valid in my opinion.

And I'll copy you on the PM.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
In what way? I've been using various Windows 8 tablets on and off for over a year, and they have worked very well for me. I wrote something up about it a while back in chatter, here it is. 4.1.2/4.2 have relevancy against some of my points, but most of the post is still valid in my opinion.

And I'll copy you on the PM.

Performance is too low for our tastes. It doesn't feel polished, and both keyboards are difficult to use. My mother sticks to her iPad, I have my Tf300.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Not looking for games?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I got a few that I wanted already, I'm primarily looking for apps worth paying for. I like the stock launcher and keyboard. I did buy swiftkey 3 but not a fan of it so far. I'm looking for utility apps, stuff I will use or just worth buying the premium or non add apps. I haven't rooted and really don't know how to but want to learn. I have seen some paid back and root apps, but not sure what the good ones are.

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a few that I wanted already, I'm primarily looking for apps worth paying for. I like the stock launcher and keyboard. I did buy swiftkey 3 but not a fan of it so far. I'm looking for utility apps, stuff I will use or just worth buying the premium or non add apps. I haven't rooted and really don't know how to but want to learn. I have seen some paid back and root apps, but not sure what the good ones are.

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

You might as well wait until you decide to root before buying apps that require root. If you go that route, Titanium Backup and Root Explorer are two that I recommend.

There are lots of worthwhile photo/camera apps if you're looking for something with more features than the stock app. Let me know.

The last app that I bought was Press, which I read about on the blog. I'm a news junkie and it's a great RSS reader that doesn't require opening an external browser.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning ChatterHeads .Its Monday ,my first work day on a Monday since Dec,17th so it kinda sucks. Ha
Oh yeah tapatalk updated to 2.4.8 phone version not sure if tablet model updated or not .It was supposeably just a bug fix but i haven't yet checked to make sure it didn't break anything yet .Make sure you have a backup of tapatalk apk before updating. :)

sent from my nexus

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Cold morning,. There has been this sketch dog in my yard since 2am. Off to work I go

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Morning chatter. It's a great day!

Kids all back in school and wife is back at work :-D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just watched John Dies In The End. I enjoyed it. It may be a bit far out for most though. Beware the Soy Sauce.

composed by my imaginary construct for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney