[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't imagine what it's like for nonflashers to keep a stock rom on their phone for the whole time they own the phone. What a horrible horrible experience. LOL

*insert witty tapatalk2 sig*

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

I can't imagine what it's like for nonflashers to keep a stock rom on their phone for the whole time they own the phone. What a horrible horrible experience. LOL

*insert witty tapatalk2 sig*

hahahah word

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's easy for them... If they have never seen a rooted device or read up on them and taken it seriously they don't even give it a second thought. For many the phone does what they want stock and they are happy.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Lol love the chat. For real I just shake my head when I read the general forums and people who don't root, flash, etc.... Its like that saying about us using only 10% of our brains.... If you aren't rooted and flashing ROMs you are only enjoying about 10% of your android :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

lol

Speaking of which, V16 is buggy as hell. The phone app was cut in half when my fiancee called. DT almost got me in trouble!

Patiently waiting for the update...

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

^ word i'm gonna wait on it since v15 didnt really play nice with my phone for some reason, haven't flashed v16.

might go to aokp for a few days and wait to see what emerges.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I had some bugs with V15, and V16 was kinda wonky. I'm hoping that the driven-based roms are a bit more stable b/c he has full control over what's going on.

I actually downloaded B29, BAMF 1.1, and Gummy .9.0, but I opted to try MIUI instead. ugh.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Most of my friends have dumbphones, and the ones that have smartphones, are clueless about romming and stuff. Couple of them have iphones....bleh.

When I mention the Galaxy Nexus, they go "oh nice" or " cool". When I tell them I have a custom rom and kernel on it they say "whats that?" or "cool" and they have no desire to talk about it. I got no one to talk to about phones except here. Is why I love this place and especially this thread where I can shoot the breeze about my addiction to me phone.
We are an infinitesimally small percentage of folks who do this hacking stuff, so its nice to be a part of this community, and I love talking to you guys about this stuff.

Are some of you in the same situation?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Try explaining it to your fiancee ;).

The worst was explaining it to my friend and them him borking his Zio or whatever the hell it was. Had to spend hours trying to un brick it in order to show him the benefits of rooting :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2