[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got my Ingress invite ! That will give me something extra to experiment with when I get home :)

Last edited:

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So...anyone who cares.
Gerrit Code Review
Or better known as:
Screenshot_2013-01-27-02-14-27.jpg

Hell...that thing has taken me entirely too long.
<_<

Had to share.
I keep doing these big boy things all-by-myself lately.
Yay me! Lol.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
OOOOOOOooooooooooooo. I can has on Grouper? :)

I didn't even compile a new build.
I was making one package...and pushing to my phone. It would become buggy if I just gave you the updated SystemUI.apk it'd be buggy since none of the CherryPicks from the previous...and new merges...and...I used Toro for testing.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ingress? Who is playing now?

And may have some bad news on my phone. It's starting to crap the bed and I can't figure out what's wrong. If I power it down it's a PITA to get it to boot back up. Once on, no problems though.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Time for an upgrade.

But to what? Not really a fan of any of the phones on Verizon right now. If I need to replace the phone, it would most likely be with another GNex. Can't really switch carriers (coverage - I've discussed this before). Don't want a subsidized phone (trying to keep unlimited data). Can't afford a new phone unsubsidized (Ingress ate my money through gasoline)... Doesn't really leave many options. lol

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont agree with WeatherBug about today being a perfect day for golf with wind gust of 30 mph lol
yzebegu5.jpg

sent from my nexus

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

And may have some bad news on my phone. It's starting to crap the bed and I can't figure out what's wrong. If I power it down it's a PITA to get it to boot back up. Once on, no problems though.

Im going to try Ingress when I get home.
As far as you phone goes and not really seeing another phone you like on vzw either dont power it down or maybe start fresh and reflash stock image .
Thats about all I got .;)
I dont see any phones I Iike to upgrade to on vzw now either and certainly not to loose my unlimited data over .

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Started playing Ingress about two weeks ago.

How much are used Verizon GNexes going for?

Sent from my SGSIII

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Started playing Ingress about two weeks ago.

Agent ID and faction? L5 yet?

How much are used Verizon GNexes going for?

Depends. I've seen some that look like they should be in great shape for $175 shipped. Possibly cheaper if I decide to risk it on the condition.

The issue is really odd. The power button works fine if the phone is on. It'll lock the phone no problems. Hitting it again will bring the lock screen right back up. Turn the phone off, and the power button is unresponsive. Can't boot to anything. Phone does nothing. If I shake it lightly or tap it on my knee or something (again, lightly), I can usually get it to power back on after about 5-10 attempts. Once on, resume problem-free operation. Does not seem software related. I'm wondering if it's some sort of battery issue (the battery has been acting really strange too)? New battery being delivered soon for testing. If that doesn't solve it, probably time for a new (used) phone. Unless any of you geniuses has a better idea?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Got to level 5 a few days ago and pushing to get to level 6 this weekend. Playing Enlightened. What about you?

Are you running stock or a custom ROM/kernel. I had some weird power-off battery drain issues with my GNex with certain ROM builds.

Sent from my SGSIII

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
First, just noticed you are a Mod now?!? Congrats!

Got to level 5 a few days ago and pushing to get to level 6 this weekend. Playing Enlightened. What about you?

Damn you, kermit. Now it would be traitorous for me to provide you assistance! Browse intel around Valparaiso, IN and you'll see some of my work. Username should be relatively obvious...

Are you running stock or a custom ROM/kernel. I had some weird power-off battery drain issues with my GNex with certain ROM builds.

AOKP/Franco. Battery life has gone way down (but part of that may be Ingress). But the phone reboots fine every single time. New development - just pulled the phone off the charger and battery dropped from fully charged to 0 almost immediately. Phone is now off again and not wanting to boot. Grrrr.... Gotta be something to do with the battery: either the battery is toast, or the connection from battery to phone is fubared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt