[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I used to be a PlayStation guy. I haven't played a game on mine in a long time. All my friends have Xbox so I play on that exclusively now. I use my ps3 as a media center now.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

Yeah that's what most of the people I know use it for too, blue ray player, netflix, that kinda stuff

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Oi, Chatter. About 5 AM here. Been up for an hour or so. Bad dreams.

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Oi, Chatter. About 5 AM here. Been up for an hour or so. Bad dreams.

I know the feeling.

Anyway, I'm finding out the hard way that Google really messed up CIFS mount points on Android with changes in 4.2 related to multi-user support. And by "messed up" I really mean "made to cease functioning properly." The trusty XDA devs have worked out some solutions, but in the end I think I'm just going to write a standalone Android app for this media library on the Nexus 4/7/10 to act as a client of sorts. The app will create the CIFS (networked storage) mount point, and then provide a shiny, elegant UI for browsing the library's content.

Speaking of content, I'm expanding it at ~10 Blu-Rays per week, as well as adding all sorts of music videos and other content (i.e. behind-the-scenes videos from Bungie and other game studios, hidden gem videos of the internet, all that good stuff).

Library size: 615 GB

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Cold day today and snow. Feels like winter for once here, and reading 16 degrees on the dash while hitting the 4x4 button for more traction helped. ~at my desk early. One day ingress, one day. Warning, kids=no ingress time for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995