[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Need some thoughts chatterinos. If I can get an early upgrade with ATT I'm gonna get either the S4 or the HTC One. A few things that I've been thinking though. If I get an S4 it's basically a bigger version of what I already have, the S2. Some things that make me want to get the S4 though are the removable battery and expandable storage. The things that make me want the One though are that it basically isn't a bigger version of what I have and the specs sound pretty sweet. Plus I have a certain place in my heart for HTC as the Inspire was my first Android.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Wait for both to go on sale and check them out in person. Removable battery is completely unnecessary. I can't understand why that is a sticking point for so many people. The One will be available in 64GB capacity, do you really need any more than that?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Wait for both to go on sale and check them out in person. Removable battery is completely unnecessary. I can't understand why that is a sticking point for so many people. The One will be available in 64GB capacity, do you really need any more than that?

If I pre-order the one I can get a media hub thing for it. I can't remember the name. Space wise I guess it doesn't matter like it used to for me. I forgot my music library isn't on my phone anymore. Battery wise if the battery goes kaput I can pull it and get a new one vice sending it out or getting a new one

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Why would your battery fail? You'll have a new phone long before that's any sort of concern.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So in the 7 hours that I've been gone and haven't been posting, I went up in rank on Top Posters. Makes sense?

What also makes sense is that Alex isn't on Top Thanked despite having nearly three times as many thanks as posts.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So in the 7 hours that I've been gone and haven't been posting, I went up in rank on Top Posters. Makes sense?

What also makes sense is that Alex isn't on Top Thanked despite having nearly three times as many thanks as posts.

Both lists are limited to recent activity, so if you posted at a later time than the other top posters, once their posts are starting to be outside of the "recent activity" time window, they will fall down the list. The same goes for the top thanked list; it is limited to recent activity (typically the past 24 hours or so).

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Both lists are limited to recent activity, so if you posted at a later time than the other top posters, once their posts are starting to be outside of the "recent activity" time window, they will fall down the list. The same goes for the top thanked list; it is limited to recent activity (typically the past 24 hours or so).

Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Can I get there one day Pa? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey, so does anyone have any club Nintendo sheets from their Wii/WiiU/3DS laying around? I only need one or two more to hit platinum status for this year.

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Forty years ago today, Marty Cooper at Motorola called his counterpart at AT&T Bell Labs to tell him that Motorola had beaten AT&T by getting Motorola's cellular system working first. Cooper made the call from a 2.5 pound cell phone in midtown Manhattan. That's some old-school pwnage. :)

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/2/20/2811861/marty-cooper-interview

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got Straight Talk up and running on a classmates Galaxy Captivate. He got a T-Mobile sim and the coverage here is awful. EDGE is damn near unusable.

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.