[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got Straight Talk up and running on a classmates Galaxy Captivate. He got a T-Mobile sim and the coverage here is awful. EDGE is damn near unusable.

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

Nobody should ever buy a T-Mo sim in this area. If your classmate would have checked coverage first they would have seen the spotty 2G and nothing else

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
He got it as a gift, and technically bought a tracfone card. T-Mobile shows up in the status bar now.

I did get a rush unlocking/rooting/updating his ROM from the palm of my hand and not using a computer. Made me feel half competent.

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Uh-oh?
Are you performing a power-intensive task?

It's just sitting there. No apps open. Nothing. Waiting for help from the dev of the Rom to see if it might be a software issue. Hope it isn't a hardware issue. I really don't feel like sending this thing back. I love it too Much :p :)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's just sitting there. No apps open. Nothing. Waiting for help from the dev of the Rom to see if it might be a software issue. Hope it isn't a hardware issue. I really don't feel like sending this thing back. I love it too Much :p :)

Dialing *#*#4636#*#* should work for you. Select "battery information" and check the health, voltage, and temperature. Is it possible the battery is going bad? Or is this just an all-of-the-sudden type of problem?

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Dialing *#*#4636#*#* should work for you. Select "battery information" and check the health, voltage, and temperature. Is it possible the battery is going bad? Or is this just an all-of-the-sudden type of problem?

It's an all of the sudden thing. I grabbed a screenie of the info.
uploadfromtaptalk1365059175176.jpg

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It's an all of the sudden thing. I grabbed a screenie of the info.

Nothing too strange there, my guess is there's just something keeping it running. Have you checked for wakelocks or checked battery usage to see if something has been keeping it awake constantly? That could signal something continually using the CPU which would eventually get it quite warm.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good morning. I'm in the Pacific time zone so I just woke up.

Good Morning back at ya. :)
Still waiting on spring to arrive in full force.Today is almost 20 degress cooler then yesterday and rainy.I wish I could have slept longer.

Haven't touched my N7 in a few days. Took it out and turned it to discover it's at 2% battery.

I need to fire my Nexus back up myself been using the S3 mainly the past month ,although it was still almost fully charged when i did turn it on briefly to update all my apps.
I havent flashed anything lately maybe I should tho , update it to the newest version of aokp :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith