[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

Haha yeah I haven't spent much time in his threads but from a few brief times I got the feeling he's got a good sense of humor like that

Lol oh jeez!

AND WITH THAT... V4 is live!

I see that downloading now :)

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Also, is anyone else shocked by how little action the ROM/Dev subsection of the forum gets?

You'd think that AC would attract a lot of our kind, but it sorta feels like we operate in Deadwood out here.

There used to be alot of support in teh Fascinate section. Seems like many are using RW or that other place now...

Amazingly enough I have 4g in my office right now. Must be due to the solar flares or something. I was thinking of switching to the Razr, but the dev support for this phone is just too good. Just needs a better radio.

Downloading Crossbreed V4 as we speak...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

There used to be alot of support in teh Fascinate section. Seems like many are using RW or that other place now...

Amazingly enough I have 4g in my office right now. Must be due to the solar flares or something. I was thinking of switching to the Razr, but the dev support for this phone is just too good. Just needs a better radio.

Downloading Crossbreed V4 as we speak...

Do either of those have the membership of AC though?

I mean I know this appeals to more of the "mainstream" user, but still...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Did you use touch recovery? The volume rocker/control for the regular CWM is so bloody sensitive. Terrifying. Worth $2 to just remove doubt lol.

BUT, that being said, I've rebooted my phone plenty of times by accident due to fat fingers in the touch recovery.

It was all user error :p

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Shoot, I was out all last night and didn't check the boards. (got pretty drunk lol) but dang 2 pages already?? haha right on! :D

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Do either of those have the membership of AC though?

I mean I know this appeals to more of the "mainstream" user, but still...

I seriously doubt they have the same membership as AC. This is where I come to get all the latest news. Not all of us Android geeks are that geeky I guess. I for one am just never satisfied enough to leave my phone as is when I know the potential is sooooo much higher than what the OE loads on it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Anyone check out the sourcery rom?
Not that anyone needs to since the CB butter action we have.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

BTW, lol @ swagger toggle

davey - I've literally never heard of that ROM.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the swagger toggle is supposed to do...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I cannot for the life of me figure out what the swagger toggle is supposed to do...

Unless I'm completely moronic, nothing. It seems like just a placebo type deal. Something about leaking butter too, which I never want my phone to do :p

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

BTW, lol @ swagger toggle

davey - I've literally never heard of that ROM.

It dropped yesterday. Had a big teaser thread in the wiki general section for a couple days.
I dunno crack flashing does have limits...there is only so much you can flash. I draw the line at 2 roms per day.

Have a look : ICSourcery V1.0 - RootzWiki
It looks ok, just with V4 around there doesn't seem to be a need to look at others.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Lol............ the swagger toggle is a joke.. IMO the best joke in android history. I have seen so many people ask what the swagger toggle does and some of the responses are just insanely funny. There are threads devoted to it.

Nonetheless... I always keep my swagger toggle on :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Lol............ the swagger toggle is a joke.. IMO the best joke in android history. I have seen so many people ask what the swagger toggle does and some of the responses are just insanely funny. There are threads devoted to it.

I don't know, wasn't there a dev who dropped two "different" kernels, with people saying one was so superior to the other, etc. etc., only for the dev to come out and say they were the exact same kernel and all of the people complaining are moronic?

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

V4 is loaded up. Now for a couple charge cycles without flashing something else... Yeah right! I'd really like to be able to tweak the color profiles, but if I paid for an app my wife would probably shoot me...

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I don't know, wasn't there a dev who dropped two "different" kernels, with people saying one was so superior to the other, etc. etc., only for the dev to come out and say they were the exact same kernel and all of the people complaining are moronic?

yeah adrynalline did something like that as a test i believe in the early days of tbolt.

ics sorcery is a port from ... nexus s? i think. not sure dont quote me on that.

On another note, i sleep for 10 hours and you guys put up 6 pages!!!

Desperately want to flash something but have to finish this paper.

Cant ... flash ... new butter ... not ... enough ... time ...

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes access the pulldown menu and see that my swagger is gone. Makes me sad. After I reactivate swagger, I feel like my normal self. :cool:

Sent using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

yeah adrynalline did something like that as a test i believe in the early days of tbolt.

ics sorcery is a port from ... nexus s? i think. not sure dont quote me on that.

On another note, i sleep for 10 hours and you guys put up 6 pages!!!

Desperately want to flash something but have to finish this paper.

Cant ... flash ... new butter ... not ... enough ... time ...

Well I'm at work, with nothing to do, soo...

Also, I love wearing my Superuser shirt on campus and find people who know "what's what."

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Just got back from checking out the Galaxy Note at my local att store.
That thing is huge but not dealbreaker huge. The screen size and quality is amazing.
I could see myself getting used to it very easily.
If it ever gets to vz with 4g and ics and more dev support, I think I may switch.
The above conditions may never be met so totally content with the Nexus.

Any thoughts on the Note?

On another "note" (intended pun) I just got google wallet working after 2 friggin months of it being broken.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Just got back from checking out the Galaxy Note at my local att store.
That thing is huge but not dealbreaker huge. The screen size and quality is amazing.
I could see myself getting used to it very easily.
If it ever gets to vz with 4g and ics and more dev support, I think I may switch.
The above conditions may never be met so totally content with the Nexus.

Any thoughts on the Note?

On another "note" (intended pun) I just got google wallet working after 2 friggin months of it being broken.

Yeah apparently they're allowing root users again.

For me, it's a bit too big. The stylus is awesome, but right now I can't see it being very useful for my lifestyle.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante