[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Wait , can we go back and make it so that instead of delivering unto you a horrible horrible death, saying Cory three times makes him show up and he's like Beetle Juice?
Cory would chew up and spit out Beetle Juice. We call him the Hulk as of late among the mods ;)

I am a big fan of Beetle Juice though, that movie rocked !

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Head moving. And maybe working at the same time. I'm actually sympathetic.

Oh that's right. His GTalk status said something about being busy and not interrupting him. He didn't respond to my "don't you know that this is Cory Mother Effing Streater?!"

P.S. having to refresh the page to get the Like button to display is uber annoying. Need to fix that.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's right. His GTalk status said something about being busy and not interrupting him. He didn't respond to my "don't you know that this is Cory Mother Effing Streater?!"

P.S. having to refresh the page to get the Like button to display is uber annoying. Need to fix that.

You quoted before my not-so-ninja edit

Your words, not mine. :p

How I like it!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you really? If so, that's cool as hell.
Yep we call it the Congo line as the crew comes down the runways.. Its literally 20-30 pieces of equipment all spaced out starting from plows and front mounted huge snow blowers in the front to trucks and huge sweeper brooms at the end to clear the runways in one pass.. Busy airport they can only afford to shut down a runway for literally a few minutes for the Congo line to come down it before the next round of planes come in to land...

Its very impressive to watch.. I don't have that fun of being in the Congo line, I'm usually plowing the terminals and plane parking areas which is still cool.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep we call it the Congo line as the crew comes down the runways.. Its literally 20-30 pieces of equipment all spaced out starting from plows and front mounted huge snow blowers in the front to trucks and huge sweeper brooms at the end to clear the runways in one pass.. Busy airport they can only afford to shut down a runway for literally a few minutes for the Congo line to come down it before the next round of planes come in to land...

Its very impressive to watch.. I don't have that fun of being in the Congo line, I'm usually plowing the terminals and plane parking areas which is still cool.

That has to be a sight to behold. Wonder if there's video of it somewhere.

Sent from my SGSIII

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That has to be a sight to behold. Wonder if there's video of it somewhere.

Sent from my SGSIII
There has to be.. I'm sure someone has gotten it on video.. It is impressive, when those blowers get into some real snow they can crank those things up to throw snow literally a hundred feet away without even thinking... Some of the operators get sneaky and look for people outside their cabs or windows down and give them a little snow shower ;)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Here is a video of the same exact loaders I run, and we load up that truck in the middle which is called a Melter... Its literally a jet engine inside the box of the truck melting the snow, draining out into a sewer below....

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
(
Here is a video of the same exact loaders I run, and we load up that truck in the middle which is what is called a Melter... Its literally a jet engine inside the box of the truck melting the snow, draining out into a sewer below....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb44JiIwuZU

Impressive. As a kid, I loved watching the operation of construction equipment and garbage trucks. Spent hours and hours. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2