[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been climbing for years. Go take a week-long course at an indoor gym. You'll learn everything you need, and if you still want to pick it up, get a gym membership. Later on, take one of the gym's more advanced courses, which should include basic outdoor climbing.

Same here.

At the gym I go to, you don't need to take a course. There are plenty of regulars that will take you under their wing if you are new. I mean, I guess it depends on the gym really, but, I never took any lessons. I learned the most by watching people that were better than me while I was resting, lol.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here.

At the gym I go to, you don't need to take a course. There are plenty of regulars that will take you under their wing if you are new. I mean, I guess it depends on the gym really, but, I never took any lessons. I learned the most by watching people that were better than me while I was resting, lol.

Very true for just getting into climbing, but those courses do teach some important safety elements that cannot be ignored once you move out of the gym and onto a true rock face. Climbers who are already experienced might take some of them for granted.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
How would you go about this? Have another line eligible for an upgrade?

I have an upgrade on my primary line starting tomorrow. My parents have their flip phones on my family plan. I've seen reports that you can transfer an upgrade to another line, then upgrade on the other line (adding a tiered data plan for that line) without affecting the other lines with unlimited data. After activating the phone, you transfer it back to the line with unlimited data, reactivate the flip phone, and drop the tiered data plan for that line.

Sent from my SGSIII

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
This pains me to no end, but I have to go full noob on my fellow chatter members before everyone starts posting their drinking activities for the night. Again, this hurts me to admit. So here we go.

I unlocked my nexus 10 and rebooted it before going to enjoy some con law class (Roe v. Wade day at a law school in Nebraska was interesting to say the least) and when I got home the old girl is still stuck on the Nexus symbol. I put it back in the bootloader and re-locked it, still wouldn't fire up. Re-unlocked it and still stuck. Tried firing it up plugged into the wall, plug into the computer, and not plugged in at all. Still can't get it to boot up :(

Sorry to do this in the chatter thread, but it was either this or pm one of you unsuspecting souls because the Nexus 10 forum, is uhhhh lacking.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
^that sucks but your in the right place let's see did you root manually I'm guessing that's it or did you use a toolkit?just getting the conversation started you guys are much more equipped to handle this..
For the first time in three weeks I'm having pizza:D picture soon:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Even tho it's dinner I wanted breakfast food
This is my own version of an omelette,a scrambled omelette its got eggs,onion, red pepper, green pepper, bacon and cheese.
With breakfast sausage links wrapped in blueberry pancakes(a different version of pig in a blanket)

ajyhe2ub.jpg

sent from my SIII

clarker07

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I just unlocked with fastboot, no root. Same procedure I've done with all my other nexus devices so I was confident and now have been quickly brought back down to earth

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Very true for just getting into climbing, but those courses do teach some important safety elements that cannot be ignored once you move out of the gym and onto a true rock face. Climbers who are already experienced might take some of them for granted.

Yea, sure, safety is key. I guess it depends on the person. I learned all I ever needed to know from people at the gym. A lot of the staff climb there too, so, there were plenty of people to teach. I mean, the first time you boulder outside you are going to see other people spot and be spotted and get how to deploy crash pads and what not. I'm sure courses are probably best for most, but, I just never took any.

Regardless, I highly recommend it for anyone that hasn't climbed. I blab about it in Chatter occasionally whenever someone talks about exercise, lol.

I see that you're back on top.

Sent from my SGSIII

TWSS.

This pains me to no end, but I have to go full noob on my fellow chatter members before everyone starts posting their drinking activities for the night. Again, this hurts me to admit. So here we go.

I unlocked my nexus 10 and rebooted it before going to enjoy some con law class (Roe v. Wade day at a law school in Nebraska was interesting to say the least) and when I got home the old girl is still stuck on the Nexus symbol. I put it back in the bootloader and re-locked it, still wouldn't fire up. Re-unlocked it and still stuck. Tried firing it up plugged into the wall, plug into the computer, and not plugged in at all. Still can't get it to boot up :(

Sorry to do this in the chatter thread, but it was either this or pm one of you unsuspecting souls because the Nexus 10 forum, is uhhhh lacking.

Don't apologize. This might be the AC playground, but, we still talk shop here, lol.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I just unlocked with fastboot, no root. Same procedure I've done with all my other nexus devices so I was confident and now have been quickly brought back down to earth

I'm guessing you have windows is their any chance something went wrong with installation of the drivers?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781