[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm into spicy myself. The Indian people I work with always warn me when they let me try their food. I laugh as I eat it, lol.

Wow, from scratch, that's awesome. It seems like it'd be a pain to make. I'll just get it from Costco when they have it from time to time. I love to cook, but, some things I just don't wanna deal with, lol.

Well, I didn't have to make the filo dough, and it was a recipe to make in class, I was surprised how well it turned out. I MIGHT have a picture around here of it, but it looked completely standard.

Once cole2kb drops me off at home I'll upload my next sweets related picture.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll counter the shushing with some focaccia bread topped with a spicy/smoky rub, chipotle peppers, bacon, spinach and an asiago/cheddar blend!
uploadfromtaptalk1353126912845.jpg

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
man the knicks are getting killed. hate these refs.
plot: make up a cult, trick refs into joining said cult, convince them galactus is coming to eat the world, get them to drink fruit punch with poison pills.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You down in southern IL with Chris? Own a restaurant or just do this in your spare time for fun?

Yeah, anytime I've mentioned my brother / best friend, it's this crazy mofo, except the time I was talking about him getting an Optimus Slider, that was my "real" brother. NGE is also the father of my baby nephew that I gush about from time to time, lol

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, anytime I've mentioned my brother / best friend, it's this crazy mofo, except the time I was talking about him getting an Optimus Slider, that was my "real" brother. NGE is also the father of my baby nephew that I gush about from time to time, lol

Got it. So best friend/sister's SO? And was that the nephew who was in the hospital? Either way, how is that kiddo doing?

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You down in southern IL with Chris? Own a restaurant or just do this in your spare time for fun?

Going to school for a degree in culinary arts, but I do have a ton of fun cooking/making stuff for fun.

Originally from San Diego, so a lot of my cooking influences are Mexican/southwestern, but it works out pretty well.

As for the other question, we're best friends and I asked him to be my kids uncle/godfather/miscellaneous protector and he was kind enough to accept :)

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so maybe the question wasn't that mental. This booze must be messing with me. Lulz.

Culinary arts at Southern? Is that program any good? I'm one of those (snobby?) U of I grads, so I know little about that school (assuming that's where you're at and how you met sir Cole). If all of my assumptions are off I blame the sauce.

Also, nothing wrong with Mexican/Southwestern. That's some good grub right there.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Going to school for a degree in culinary arts, but I do have a ton of fun cooking/making stuff for fun.

Originally from San Diego, so a lot of my cooking influences are Mexican/southwestern, but it works out pretty well.

As for the other question, we're best friends and I asked him to be my kids uncle/godfather/miscellaneous protector and he was kind enough to accept :)
You say kind, I say lucky to be offered. :)

Alright enough of this Chatter love fest, unless it involves Bonk. ;) BEER!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353129676955.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353129676955.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 18

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Tonight's dinner: cheese-stuffed salmon, saut?ed mushrooms and onions from an LA farmers market, saut?ed red, orange, yellow peppers with banana squash and cucumber, lemon zest poppy seed bread from a local San Diego Bakery with burnt orange olive oil, and a side salad (mixed greens, baby tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado) with vinaigrette dressing. Russian River-area-based Pinot Noir for pairing.

hevagaje.jpg

Dessert was basic but nice: Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries, and dusted with a light coating of powdered sugar.

u3u6eja8.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34