[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Good morning chatters

5 day weekend!!!!!.....It's is time to play video games all and relax before a crazy family filled day tomorrow.
pis of a Bloody Mary upcoming...(gotta go to the store first :()

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You yelled at me, I'm too busy crying. ;p

Lol. Well, sorry if the "I don't like change rant" comment was too harsh. Videogames have been my biggest hobby since I was probably four, so, I'm quite passionate about them. And while I am by no means a Nintendo fanboy, Nintendo does hold a special place in my heart and the games are just so effin magical. I get a little defensive, lol.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Morning all. I'm done work, had a shower, checked my email... all is right in the world. I'm going to bed. Have a great day ya'll, see you when the sun is setting.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Well, sorry if the "I don't like change rant" comment was too harsh. Videogames have been my biggest hobby since I was probably four, so, I'm quite passionate about them. And while I am by no means a Nintendo fanboy, Nintendo does hold a special place in my heart and the games are just so effin magical. I get a little defensive, lol.

Don't you think you might be in the minority though? Do you really think that Nintendo can keep doing what they're doing and people will keep buying them? I grew up with Nintendo too, and loved my SNES and N64 to pieces, got them both on launch day. The Wii is where I started to get confused. The motion gaming was cool, that's for sure, but...no HD? Made zero sense to me, and it honestly felt like a slight against the customer in my opinion, as opposed to Nintendo giving me a top-of-the-line experience like they have in the past, they said "Eh....no, you don't need that."

Beyond that, it's just personal opinion, I was very disappointed or just flat-out hated a a majority of the big franchise releases, save for Skyward Sword because it was released long after I gave up on the Wii...and New Super Mario Bros, because it's just amazing and some of the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. You can't deny that my opinion isn't a popular one, and I don't think they're pulling any of us back with the Wii U, and I'm not sure how they even could at this point. That is why I don't see Nintendo lasting--the ones that will always buy it are getting older, more busy, less apt to buy (I'd be surprised if your decision to buy their NEXT release will come as easily), and the ones that Nintendo lost along the way, they aren't doing anything to try to get back.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't you think you might be in the minority though?

Not really. Do you recall after the Wii launched how impossible they were to find for a very long time. People were snatching them up and flipping them and making lots of profit.

The motion gaming was cool, that's for sure, but...no HD?

The Wii has 480p, and, with the types of games they release, it's honestly good enough. I played SMB Galaxy 2 within the last year and Skyward Sword. Both games looked dynamite. They don't look like PS3/360 games, but, I don't think they were ever intended to. Besides, it was released before both consoles. And, I'm more concerned with gameplay than graphics anyway.

Additionally, the Wii U has made, from what I can tell, significant enhancements to it's graphics.

New Super Mario Bros, because it's just amazing and some of the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time.

I was kinda meh on NSMB. Playing right now, but, it doesn't get much of my attention. I loved sidescrollers, but, they are kind of outdated at this point. Nintendo probably just continues to make them because they are easy and people buy them. I'd rather them focus their time on more quality Mario titles like SMB Galaxy.

You can't deny that my opinion isn't a popular one, and I don't think they're pulling any of us back with the Wii U, and I'm not sure how they even could at this point.

The majority of my friends, and, even some older coworkers have and love their Wiis, so, while I can't deny it's your opinion, I can't say that it's true, at least from what I see/who I associate with. Will people that think CoD type games and the rest of the garbage that's out there ever like the Wii, no, but, that's not really who Nintendo is marketing too. There will at least always be people that grew up with their beloved franchises and wait, drooling for the next release, and a new wave of young kids that wanna Catch em All.

That is why I don't see Nintendo lasting--the ones that will always buy it are getting older, more busy, less apt to buy (I'd be surprised if your decision to buy their NEXT release will come as easily), and the ones that Nintendo lost along the way, they aren't doing anything to try to get back.

I just can't agree with that. And, I would have already had one had I been able to pre order one when I wanted to. But, with where I am now, I will wait for reasons of my current game queue. I will play Borderlands 2 a ton, I got Dragon Age II for free recently through a promotion, so, might as well play that first, and, I wanna go back and play Diablo 3 some more. That will keep me busy well into the beginning of next year. I'll buy it when the holiday smoke clears and maybe even can score a promotion.

As for their next release. We will have to see what it is. If the Wii U looked like it was going to suck, I wouldn't have been excited for it. I may have bought it just for the franchises I love anyway, but, thankfully that wasn't the case. That might be the scenario I will be in next time, but, I guess we can have that discussion in five years or so, lol.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Devin, you know I heart you. Certainly wasn't trying to pick a fight. I don't like when my opinions start to feel like "facts", so I apologize for that.

I guess Nintendo just doesn't do it for me any more, and I am angry at Nintendo for letting me down on a fairly consistent basis for years now, and showing no signs of slowing.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm here, but all this Nintendo real talk has me a fluster, so I decided to start playing Castlevania : Lords of Shadow on my big boy 360 lol

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Devin, you know I heart you. Certainly wasn't trying to pick a fight. I don't like when my opinions start to feel like "facts", so I apologize for that.

I guess Nintendo just doesn't do it for me any more, and I am angry at Nintendo for letting me down on a fairly consistent basis for years now, and showing no signs of slowing.

Vice versa Chris. Nah, I didn't take it that way, that's just how I get. My family are big into debating, but, we never make it personal. You don't have to apologize, there is nothing that you said that isn't valid from where you stand. I'm not you, and, I don't know your friends, or the culture where you live. I can only speak from what I know/who I know in the North East, and, what I know about the gaming industry. I'm sure we have both made plenty of valid points, and, only time will tell. I just wholeheartedly hope that I'm right because it would be a sad, sad day to see Nintendo go under. A piece of my childhood would die that day. I hope that we both agree it would be good if they stuck around, and, made whatever changes necessary to their business model to make you happy with them as a brand again.

I understand. If I felt that way about Nintendo, I would be very upset, as, they were a huge part of my childhood.

I'm here, but all this Nintendo real talk has me a fluster, so I decided to start playing Castlevania : Lords of Shadow on my big boy 360 lol

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

I saw that the other day, and, forgot to add it to my list. Thanks for the reminder, lol. I love Castlevania games. SOTN is one of my all time favorite games.

I'm helping noobs on a game I haven't played in a long time monster hunter tri it's been like two years since I played:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tri was horrible. I almost NEVER don't play a game to completion and completely annihilate it. I could barely get through 20 hours of this game without stopping for good.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Good morning folks. They were playing Christmas music in Walmart. Which btw has some strange folk at night ha ha. Can we cut the bird, watch football, lay on the couch all day before we start "it's beginning to look a lot like..........."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia