[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Not for a special occasion, but you mentioned that she's a lapsed vegetarian. Very cozy and vegetarian. She would probably love this place.

Vatan
1 (212) 689-5666
409 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Google Maps

Sent from my SGSIII

Very thoughtful of you and good memory. Might need you to help me figure out a bday gift next :p
I love that the first review that popped up under that link just reads: "Never try this Place. Food was very sucks..." LMAO :D

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else who makes french toast: what do you guys put in your batter? Not to toot my own horn at all, but I've never had anyone else, private or restaurant make me French toast that tastes anything besides, well, plain.

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Very thoughtful of you and good memory. Might need you to help me figure out a bday gift next :p
I love that the first review that popped up under that link just reads: "Never try this Place. Food was very sucks..." LMAO :D

Haters gotta hate. :)

Plus, lots of good bars in the neighborhood.

Sent from my SGSIII

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else who makes french toast: what do you guys put in your batter? Not to toot my own horn at all, but I've never had anyone else, private or restaurant make me French toast that tastes anything besides, well, plain.

Curious to what you put in it. Haven't made french toast in years (except for a mostly failed batch recently, lol).. I think I need tips :)

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Curious to what you put in it. Haven't made french toast in years (except for a mostly failed batch recently, lol).. I think I need tips :)

I usually throw 4 eggs, 3/4 cup of milk, two splashes of vanilla extract, a Paula Deen pinch of cinnamon and honey/syrup in a blender, pulse it a few times and then very very heavy handedly coat both sides of bread in the batter, throw those bad boys down on a griddle and Cook away. Top with some butter pads, powdered sugar and some syrup and your golden.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I usually throw 4 eggs, 3/4 cup of milk, two splashes of vanilla extract, a Paula Deen pinch of cinnamon and honey/syrup in a blender, pulse it a few times and then very very heavy handedly coat both sides of bread in the batter, throw those bad boys down on a griddle and Cook away. Top with some butter pads, powdered sugar and some syrup and your golden.

Mmm.. saving that for later :)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I must be the wrong kind of student if $200 is being mindful lol.

Then again, I'll be the one making such pricey food soon, if I keep on track.

We shall have to arrange a Chatter expedition to your future restaurant. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGSIII

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking a food truck is more my style, but that just means I'll be mobile, hide yo kids, hide yo wife...