[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably run stock 4.2 on my Nexus 4 for a while. Will unlock and root shortly after it arrives though.

Sent from my SGSIII

Eff that, I am on a custom rom right after unlock and root...prolly skanks cm10.1. Not more than 5 mins outta the box. :p:p

Tmo has two value plans I like. 500 min, unl text, and 5 gigs data for 40, unlimited no throttle data for 60

Have you looked at straight talk? I think they can go cheaper.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Eff that, I am on a custom rom right after unlock and root...prolly skanks cm10.1. Not more than 5 mins outta the box. :p:p

Have you looked at straight talk? I think they can go cheaper.

Straight Talk throttles its data speeds at some point. They won't disclose specifics but the high-speed cap appears to depend on your area and how many users they have on the network. I've seen reports of some users getting throttled at 2 gigs while others have no problems using more high-speed data. My guess is, in the metro NY area, you'll get throttled to Edge after about 2 gigs.

But with prepaid, it's easy to try it out for a month and switch if it doesn't work well for you.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here use a gallery from the play store,thinking about making one (trying to at least lol:) ) would integrated google image search be useful to you?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

I refuse to be throttled. That's why no straightalk.

IMA test out the 30 prepaid before I make any decisions

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My contract is up in march - tbolt launch day anniversary - but I might just etf since its prorated down and I'll have fulfilled nearly all of it as of December or January.

Wow, I had forgotten about that. I got the Tbolt back when it launched on St. Patrick's day in 2011. The Tbolt was my first Android device; the the Nexus 4 will be Android phone number four. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon is going to lose a nice chunk of customers with this n4 launch. I don't really hate them but they are dam expensive and I'll be glad to leave.

Sent from my Toro :)))

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I had forgotten about that. I got the Tbolt back when it launched on St. Patrick's day in 2011. The Tbolt was my first Android device; the the Nexus 4 will be Android phone number four. :)

Sent from my SGSIII
Yup you were big in the bolt forums. It was my second android. Came from dinc.. BTW, bolt was the worst.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Slightly different path for me.
First was the Fascinate, then droid charge (crappy) to gnex then n4.
Gnex the longest, almost a year. Gasp.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Slightly different path for me.
First was the Fascinate, then droid charge (crappy) to gnex then n4.
Gnex the longest, almost a year. Gasp.

Not getting an n4, but I'm about to hit my 4th android device myself. Started out on the LG Axis (worst phone I've ever used), returned it for the HTC Wildfire(Bee), then the Samsung Showcase(Fascinate), and I'm hoping to get my hands on the Galaxy S2 here within the hour.

Next step will be tracking down Root instructions for an SCH-R760 :D

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Og droid... Thunderbolt.. droid charge.. Iphone 4(yuck)... Rezound... Droid razr...galaxy s3... Iphone 5.. Galaxy s3

Edit: I did have a 4s somewhere in that mess of phones as well

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt --> Galaxy Nexus --> SGSIII --> Nexus 4

Before the Thunderbolt, some Blackberries and flip phones.

There was an iPhone 4 in there somewhere, but we don't need to discuss that any further. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy