[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Good morning Chatter!

Went with a cookbook for wifey to give her later... Like a couple hundred easy to prepare things. Actually might be a great idea cuz last night she was even talking about cooking and wanting to learn to make stuff lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
A couple of likes/thanks/quoted posts haven't shown up as 'new items' over the last few hours.. someone like this post so I can figure it out. :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

Planning a 45-day expedition around the southern Patagonian steppe is really tiring. I sit here for hours on end going through the logistics of it all... numbers, locations, quantities, more numbers, more locations, prices, more locations, rules, regulations, supplies, more numbers, safety, power... the list goes on. One thing changes and it cascades to affect the rest. I'm just doing circles with all these plans. Hell, even the travel times in-country (driving, kayaking, climbing, etc.) are timed around the phases of the moon (I am primarily a nighttime photographer, after all).

The f*cking moon. It's ridiculous now that I think about it. :) Sounds like a photographer's version of Twilight. :-\

I have six days until my deadline. Six days until I commit to purchasing all of the equipment (hellllloo $5,000 loan), or cancel the whole thing and send a message for my partner in Chile to receive in 20 days. That is if I don't die of the mental weight and lack of sleep first...

TL;DR ? Photography. Night expedition. Patagonia. Moon. Twilight. Six days. Death.

- - - Updated - - -

TWSS.
I want to go to Patagonia. Hiking around there at night sounds incredibly dangerous, tho haha.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

I want to go to Patagonia. Hiking around there at night sounds incredibly dangerous, tho haha.

Only if unprepared. The wind is what surprises many people. That said, it takes a lot to be adequately prepared for the locations I'll be going to. No tourist support, no campgrounds, nothing like that. The more often visited locations have those, if not more.

The hardest part so far has been the financial arrangements. Arranging 12 border crossings was nothing in comparison.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
It's the middle of my day, Chatter. But the freezing rain and fog cannot delay my load of goodies to Seattle, so it's Bacon time. Damn straight!

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354207886821.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354207886821.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354207901344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354207901344.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 20

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Good morning ALL. Off for another long day. If all goes as planned, I may be able to keep Friday a day off! Fingers crossed...

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What's going on Chatter? Morning was insanely busy.

Sent from my SGSIII

Nothin much.. Got a free lunch cuz I bet my buddy I beat him on an Anatomy exam. Radiographic Exposure test in 5 mins.. Trying to place bets but everyone is too scared to go up against me lol.

This is what happens when I don't get to go to Atlantic City for so long. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
sup ppl...its really cold here today. Last night was super clear and the heat left the earth. It's 62 F right now. Don't laugh, that is freezing to Hawaii ppl :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac