[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Latest edition to my fairly pathetic home theater setup.

Hanging shelf for blurays and games.

gwD2C.jpeg

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Dinner.

Steak nachos and cider.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357697535257.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357697535257.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 21

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The person in the apartment above me incessantly bangs on the ceiling excessively hard when I have even only moderately loud music, videos, or games going. It's getting to be ridiculous. I can't have someone over and have an action movie (think Inception) turned up for the proper experience without ten minutes of banging on the ceiling that I can occasionally feel.

Their behavior doesn't at all qualify as harassment, but I'm well-acquainted with the local residential noise ordinances. I measured the sound levels at both ends of my apartment, as well as at the ceiling, with both a professional cinematography microphone and the good old Galaxy Nexus. The levels were 45 dB at their peak (again, loud movies and music for groups does happen), and 70 dB at the low end of levels that I tested.

Oh, and this is all occurring well within the 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM daytime hours. I'm losing my patience.

Legal types: advice? I'm not going to talk to the tenant in person. I've ruled that out.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The person in the apartment above me incessantly bangs on the ceiling excessively hard when I have even only moderately loud music, videos, or games going. It's getting to be ridiculous. I can't have someone over and have an action movie (think Inception) turned up for the proper experience without ten minutes of banging on the ceiling that I can occasionally feel.

Their behavior doesn't at all qualify as harassment, but I'm well-acquainted with the local residential noise ordinances. I measured the sound levels at both ends of my apartment, as well as at the ceiling, with both a professional cinematography microphone and the good old Galaxy Nexus. The levels were 45 dB at their peak (again, loud movies and music for groups does happen), and 70 dB at the low end of levels that I tested.

Oh, and this is all occurring well within the 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM daytime hours. I'm losing my patience.

Legal types: advice? I'm not going to talk to the tenant in person. I've ruled that out.

Find his breaker box. :D

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Find his breaker box. :D

The breaker boxes are inside each apartment, and the building-wide boxes are locked and secured, as one would expect. :-\

I'm not one to be the instigator, but I am trying to come up with a quick and easy solution to end this and get the point across. The landlords are not an option. They are rarely around, and are notoriously difficult to communicate with.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Alright chatter so i have come to a realization next year i am a going to an IT program,that is available for juniors and seniors,because i just am not really enjoying the aviation maintenance class like i thought i would..so on to information and technology!

Sent from my Nexus Asylum

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Another windy night in the Emerald City.. well, the entire Evergreen State really. Lots of java work today. Sidera (the widgets) is looking pretty sharp. Might be able to get that build up tonight. Rewriting a few parts of Amicitia to avoid the issues brought to light on the RAZR, should take another day or two.

And I just got Chipotle. Excuse me while I go have a great time with my burrito and a random sci-fi movie.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just saw this my tank [wip]
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357706412392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357706412392.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 29

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Had this since the ps3 first came out. I think it's time for a new one.

Tried using gorilla glue to put the rubber back on. See how long that lasted lol
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357709040163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357709040163.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 25

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I need to get to sleep. This tapatalk app is turning me into a forum's slu.......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair