[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Morning Chatterinos. Hump day. :thumbup:

*in a great mid-90s morning radio station voice*

"Goood mooooorrrning San Francisco, it's gonna be another one of those days."

Clever throwback good-morning greetings aside, I made myself a new avatar. And I like it. It's a keeper.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty much my thinking too.

Edit: this is not what I expected to write when I quoted your post... but it's awesome nonetheless.

I'm an energetic and expressive (though paradoxically sometimes quite reserved) and extremely introspective introvert who comes alive as a completely different, self-idealized individual during the nighttime hours, and who places more value in those around him than in himself (in a fully non-self-depreciating and non-self-degrading manner). My natural sleep cycle gravitates to cover the daylight hours to the point of near-literal nocturnality, though often ends up on a 36-hour crepuscular (twlight-centric) or 48-hour alternating nocturnal/diurnal cycle which I can typically maintain for weeks on end with little to no noticeable detriment to my higher (learned) mental functions. It's why I'm well-suited to extended wilderness low-light (long exposure, timelapse, cinematography) photography trips, and why I'll often stay awake for up to two days just because I'm having a potentially important conversation with a close friend and don't want to sleep during that time when I could just as easily, well, not sleep.

I should note that I have developed REM sleep pattern irregularities as a result of this behavior, but not to the point that it constitutes chronic insomnia or has any detrimental affect on me on a normal day-to-day basis.

It's just how I am.

It's either all of the above, or it's clinical insanity. Take your pick. ;)

Clinical insanity. It's funner. ;) ever tried awake induced lucid dreaming? Sounds like your system is rigged up for it.

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
*in a great mid-90s morning radio station voice*

"Goood mooooorrrning San Francisco, it's gonna be another one of those days."

Clever throwback good-morning greetings aside, I made myself a new avatar. And I like it. It's a keeper.

Same. I love blue. :)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Clinical insanity. It's funner. ;) ever tried awake induced lucid dreaming? Sounds like your system is rigged up for it.

Not entirely sure what you're referring to by awake-induced lucid-dreaming. Essentially a lucid vision? Regular lucid dreaming occurs naturally for me.

Here's a quick morning tech news update for everyone:

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not entirely sure what you're referring to by awake-induced lucid-dreaming. Essentially a lucid vision? Regular lucid dreaming occurs naturally for me.

Here's a quick morning tech news update for everyone:

Basically, a dream where you can control everything. But, instead of feeling yourself fall asleep, and then the dream starts, (sleep induced), your mind goes from awake to dreaming in a matter of seconds. Usually when I manage it, I can't tell if I'm awake or asleep, so I do physics tests, like trying to make things levitate.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Basically, a dream where you can control everything. But, instead of feeling yourself fall asleep, and then the dream starts, (sleep induced), your mind goes from awake to dreaming in a matter of seconds. Usually when I manage it, I can't tell if I'm awake or asleep, so I do physics tests, like trying to make things levitate.

Nope.

I'm heading out for a while though, check in later today.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Tell me about it. I should really sleep more, I think I'm starting to go insane.

Also this. Definitely this. Johnly, this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ZEOqLfgxI

Great vid. Thank you sir:) Morning everyone. Off to the Hilton @ Denver for work, get to meet reps from LG Samsung Electrolux Maytag and GE. The life of a salesman lol. Kill it today!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Great vid. Thank you sir:) Morning everyone. Off to the Hilton @ Denver for work, get to meet reps from LG Samsung Electrolux Maytag and GE. The life of a salesman lol. Kill it today!

Fridges and freezers and ranges and ovens and washers and dryers oh my.

:)

...yeah I'm going to catch up on some sleep now.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Fridges and freezers and ranges and ovens and washers and dryers oh my.

:)

...yeah I'm going to catch up on some sleep now.

Ha ha.....we have some Samsung front load washing machines with touchscreen displays and apps to go on your phone lol.

Got a fridge with a LCD display you can upload family pics on via usb :p

Sleep well my friend:cool:
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha.....we have some Samsung front load washing machines with touchscreen displays and apps to go on your phone lol.

Got a fridge with a LCD display you can upload family pics on via usb :p

They mean nothing to me until my fridge follows me around wherever I go. Superfridge

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Morning all!

Looks like little man and the female are both sick today. Getting a ride to class and hoping they are both given some meds by the docs and get over whatever they have soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Boss had me and my friend sweep up around the dumpster in the pouring rain. Coming to find out inspections are tomorrow and not today. So I'm soaked and have 7 more hrs of work

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Almost lunch time. We haven't had lunch pics in a while

Nor have we had a photo of zoidberg.

zoidberg.png