[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...maybe lock and then unlock again?

I had a permanent CWM install which couldn't mount the SD card, presumably due to the same cause, so I formatted /data/ and then the sdcard. ADB pushed root, flashed, and booted up just fine.

:)

Now the damn Nexus 4 is bootlooping. Two minutes ago it was at the setup screen, rooted. What?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a permanent CWM install which couldn't mount the SD card, presumably due to the same cause, so I formatted /data/ and then the sdcard. ADB pushed root, flashed, and booted up just fine.

Now the damn Nexus 4 is bootlooping. Two minutes ago it was at the setup screen, rooted. What?

Maybe you have a ghost in your house that was an Android nerd during his lifespan. Lol

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Holy crap,man:)

Sent from my Nexus Asylum

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you have a ghost in your house that was an Android nerd during his lifespan. Lol

You have no idea haha, I went through this with three of the seven Galaxy Nexuses that went through my hands. I don't know what it is but they just don't like me.

Holy crap,man

Pretty much. Gonna sort out the N4 and then flash AOKP on both before starting to set them all up.

Oh, and the Nexus 4 is awesome. Feels great. And the screen is such an improvement over the spotty, banded screen of the GN.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So white or black case for the titanium grey note? What does chatter have to say? because im undecided!

sent via VZW GaLaXy note II

If the black case is truly black plastic rather than black-painted, then it will show markings/scratches/wear-and-tear much less than the white one. It'll look cleaner all-around.

Black also makes a great frame for digital content, whereas I feel white pulls you out of the screen rather than into it.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So white or black case for the titanium grey note? What does chatter have to say? because im undecided!

Basic Black. Always. (Then again, I've always worked in manual labour, usually involving filthy hands... I can't imagine owning a white phone. Heck I only own 3 white shirts, and 2 of those are t-shirts!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Basic Black. Always. (Then again, I've always worked in manual labour, usually involving filthy hands... I can't imagine owning a white phone. Heck I only own 3 white shirts, and 2 of those are t-shirts!

I love white cases but they always turn yellow in a month or two ....you think I would have learned my lesson lol

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Note2%20-%20Tardis-Victory-500x500.jpg

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey lumenii, out of curiosity,have you tried flashing a twrp recovery instead of cwm and see if for some weird reason cwm is the issue..

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey lumenii, out of curiosity,have you tried flashing a twrp recovery instead of cwm and see if for some weird reason cwm is the issue..

I have. I've used both TWRP and CWM on the Galaxy Nexus as well as the N4 and N7 now. I prefer CWM for the look and feel, and because I haven't experienced many issue with it. I use raw ADB commands to do as much as I can with the device.

I'm thinking of writing a script to automatically sync a PC folder with a folder on the sdcard when connected to the computer. Maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12