[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Had to get my one x+ replaced. Have burnt through 3 SIM cards since I've had it. I keep getting low signal and it keeps giving me the no SIM card icon at the top.

Sent from my blazing HTC One X+
Orange & Blue through and through...Go Gators!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359666371938.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359666371938.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 39

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the phone should still boot with the battery pulled if it is plugged in, correct?

I'm not aware of any phones that will operate without a battery even if it's plugged in. Just tested it by pulling the battery out while the phone was plugged in and it powered off.

Sent from my SGSIII

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any phones that will operate without a battery even if it's plugged in. Just tested it by pulling the battery out while the phone was plugged in and it powered off.

Sent from my SGSIII
Incorrect.
Try booting nao.

Edit:
Also.
Screaming at my PC to finish this build. No promises.
I have work.
So...toro only AT MOST.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Fortunately the GF has a GNex so I can test with her battery later. Unfortunately, I may be sans phone until then. I've got an old Droid 2 (ouch) I can use if I need a replacement, so I guess it could be worse.

The phone tries to do something when I hit the power button. If it is plugged into the computer the PC tries to initialize it as a USB device, but quickly fails and tells me the device is no longer connected. I guess it could still be a battery issue, but I'm beginning to doubt it. Balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect.
Try booting nao.

That's scary. Sounds like it's worse than I had hoped...

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
First, just noticed you are a Mod now?!? Congrats!

Damn you, kermit. Now it would be traitorous for me to provide you assistance! Browse intel around Valparaiso, IN and you'll see some of my work. Username should be relatively obvious...

Thanks.

The New York smurfs call us frogs, toads, or boogers. :) The number of portals around here is insane. Check out the map of Manhattan when you get a chance.

Sent from my SGSIII

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Food, beer, tech news, mindless banter, take your pick. That's pretty much all there is here. Oh, and the occasional educational woe from zero neck.

thanks playa

Straight from the redesign preview:

http://echelonandroid.com/publish/images/bg_colors.png

Can't believe I didn't see this. I am one of these dogs of photography of which you speak. :) I do almost exclusively timelapse photography. How much do you know about timelapse work, and have you done any previously? What equipment do you have already, if any? Timelapse work gets very complicated very quickly.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have looked out there. I'd love to play there for just one day. I'd likely be able to make it to L8...

I can hack portals sitting at home and in the office. There are a bunch of Level 8 players on both sides. Definitely no problem getting action points around here. Last weekend, I got 60,000 action points walking around a nice, warm museum for a few hours.

Sent from my SGSIII

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can hack portals sitting at home and in the office. There are a bunch of Level 8 players running around here. There's no problem getting action points around here. Last weekend, I got 60,000 action points walking around a nice, warm museum for a few hours.

So you've hit your inventory cap I hope?

I think my best run (fastest AP earning) was probably about 60k in just oven an hour. Your enlightened brethren took out our farm and I rebuilt it and linked it all up immediately. The beauty of linking the farm is an abundance of keys.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So you've hit your inventory cap I hope?

I think my best run (fastest AP earning) was probably about 60k in just oven an hour. Your enlightened brethren took out our farm and I rebuilt it and linked it all up immediately. The beauty of linking the farm is an abundance of keys.

There's a lot of collaboration with other players here. Most farms don't last very long since the other side will dispatch a high level player or two to clear them out, followed by their lower level players to capture the portals for APs.

It was close to zero degrees with the wind chill last weekend, and I have to admit I did spend quite a bit of time looking at the museum exhibits.

I stay below the cap since I give items I don't need to other players.

Sent from my SGSIII

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It tastes so good when it hits your lips! Also, welcome back, again, AB :beer:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359671484104.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359671484104.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 20

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There's a lot of collaboration with other players here. Most farms don't last very long since the other side will dispatch a high level player or two to clear them out, followed by their lower level players to capture the portals for APs.

We don't have the userbase you do. The local enlightened are densely packed in an area with not too many portals, so they are definitely at a disadvantage.

I stay below the cap since I give items I don't need to other players.

I undload gear too. Doesn't put the cap out of reach though. Lol. I've stopped carrying anything under L4. But our farms stay up for a decent period of time. When the enemy takes them down, we have more than enough gear to rebuild immediately.

My biggest problem (one that you don't have) is that I've never had local portals that were at my level or greater (since L1). They've been consistently one level lower than me. So attaining gear of my level is a bit more difficult.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
All this damn Ingress talk has got me mildly curious. I've mostly payed no attention to it until recently and still don't really have any idea what it involves or how you play it. I guess what I'm trying to say is someone give me a dang invite code so I can see what the fuss is about. Do it NAOO!! :)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
All this damn Ingress talk has got me mildly curious. I've mostly payed no attention to it until recently and still don't really have any idea what it involves or how you play it. I guess what I'm trying to say is someone give me a dang invite code so I can see what the fuss is about. Do it NAOO!! :)

Only if you join the Enlightened. :)

By the way, Google is doing a few things to drive people to specific retailers now. There were some passcodes today that only worked when you were near a Jamba Juice and this Sunday they're staging a capture and defend Duane Reade day. I'm sure there will be coupons and such involved.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't have any or I would.

And pretty sure this phone is toast. Got into recovery and clean flashed. The phone is now rebooting every 10 minutes or so. And half the time it doesn't even boot fully. Crap.

Edit: scratch that. Reboots every 30 seconds or so... Guess I'll try a factory restore tonight and if that doesn't work switch to the droid 2 and wait for a replacement to be delivered...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo