[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
For those who haven't looked at it yet, read through this thread:

I find some of the posts in it ? especially on the first page ? to be disappointing to the point that I'm a bit upset. Maybe I've just been sheltered, but up until now I hadn't seen any AC members that were so quick to judgment or to call out another user for being intentionally dishonest or misleading, nor so quick to make such statements as that anyone who doesn't use a case or bumper on a potentially-breakable phone deserves to have it broken.

I tend to stay away from posting in threads like that after they've gone past the first page; those discussions always seem to go on for much too long and on far too many tangents. So I thought I'd put my TL;DR here in Chatter and call it good. :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

I find some of the posts in it ? especially on the first page ? to be disappointing to the point that I'm a bit upset. Maybe I've just been sheltered, but up until now I hadn't seen any AC members that were so quick to judgment or to call out another user for being intentionally dishonest or misleading, nor so quick to make such statements as that anyone who doesn't use a case or bumper on a potentially-breakable phone deserves to have it broken.

I tend to stay away from posting in threads like that after they've gone past the first page; those discussions always seem to go on for much too long and on far too many tangents. So I thought I'd put my TL;DR here in Chatter and call it good. :)

Wow. That is disappointing. Those guys need to lay off.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's the breakdown of traveling to St. Louis for two weeks with the friend who thought up Sidera and works in business and marketing. Officially launch either Sidera or Dewey on the Play Store the day I get there, and spend the two weeks celebrating, fixing any issues that arise, marketing it, and building name recognition. I'd stop in Phoenix for four nights on the way over, talk with the designer there, and see that girl.

SEA ✈ PHX ✈ STL ✈ SEA
$500​
Hotel PHX
$560​
Extra
$250​
Total cost
$1310​

Sounds like a good plan to me, if chatter has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Also, try Hipmunk for searching travel/hotel reservations. It's cool. The results page after you search for flights is very informative and easy-to-use.

Sounds great:D

Ya,that was somewhat disturbing..your right though here on AC,it is less common,or at least I would like to like to think so.
Sent from Skaro

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds great:D

Ya,that was somewhat disturbing..your right though here on AC,it is less common,or at least I would like to like to think so.
Sent from Skaro

Depends on the subject. For example, go to iMore saying anything along the lines of Apple products not being the best things in very you get flamed hard core.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the subject. For example, go to iMore saying anything along the lines of Apple products not being the best things in very you get flamed hard core.

Not just Apple or Android forums. Seems like this is becoming a trend on anything resembling a social or interactive site online.

"You don't agree with me? You're stupid you're mom is stupid, your girlfriend/boyfriend is stupid and I have no use for you because OBVIOUSLY I'm way smarter then you."

*sigh*

Are you sure we're still the most intelligent beings on the planet?

Sent from my rotary phone

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Not just Apple or Android forums. Seems like this is becoming a trend on anything resembling a social or interactive site online.

"You don't agree with me? You're stupid you're mom is stupid, your girlfriend/boyfriend is stupid and I have no use for you because OBVIOUSLY I'm way smarter then you."

*sigh*

Very true. One of the downsides of the internet, not being able to smack around tools like that.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Check Facebook: swipe down to refresh
Check Twitter: swipe down to refresh
Check AC app: swipe down to.... Poke menu, poke refresh, wish for "swipe down to refresh" option

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

*sigh*

Remember guys, the Report Post button is there for a reason. Feel free to use the hell out of it and we will clean it up. You can also report via Tapatalk and the AC app.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Check Facebook: swipe down to refresh
Check Twitter: swipe down to refresh
Check AC app: swipe down to.... Poke menu, poke refresh, wish for "swipe down to refresh" option

Sounds like a nice feature request for you to go poet in the Tapatalk forum. :)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a nice feature request for you to go poet in the Tapatalk forum. :)

Go poet? Hmmmm

Posting in the tapatalk forum sounds good. Making it rhyme? That could take some work. Maybe a haiku? :p