[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Why do you guys do this to me? Now I'm going to have to choose between the google gs4 and Google One. Damn youuuuuu. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Why do you guys do this to me? Now I'm going to have to choose between the google gs4 and Google One. Damn youuuuuu. :)

At the risk of over-simplifying things, it's stock android with plastic versus stock android with metal. Regardless of how solidly-built the S4 is (it is very well-built; I've used it in person plenty), I'll take the latter.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know if I would buy the Google Edition, I used to be all about stock Android but now I'm undecided which I like more. I guess I started to really appreciate the cool features HTC and Samsung have started to add to android even though some are ridiculous. (I'm looking at you smart scroll)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm not unhappy with my GNex, but having it for almost a year-and-a-half now, my "I want something new and shiny!" nature is starting to kick in. Only thing is, I feel like there's no choice for a new phone I could make that would give me everything I want...

I want to stay on Verizon, and I also want to stay with official AOKP ROMs. I'd really like a phone with a larger battery, as well. I'm kinda liking the S4, but I feel like the ROM support won't be as good (didn't the CyanogenMod team say they're skipping the S4?), and I don't know what (if any) future Verizon phones AOKP will develop for.

I've also been very interested in the supposed "X Phone", but from what I heard, the leaked specs weren't that great? I dunno. If the specs aren't that great, that means the battery is probably not much better than the base GNex battery (it'd be nice to see a battery more like that of the Razr Maxx, but I doubt that).

So, kinda looks like slim pickings, for me. Blah.

Wtf, someone's actually posting something on-topic for this forum. Unacceptable. :p

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm not unhappy with my GNex, but having it for almost a year-and-a-half now, my "I want something new and shiny!" nature is starting to kick in. Only thing is, I feel like there's no choice for a new phone I could make that would give me everything I want...

I want to stay on Verizon, and I also want to stay with official AOKP ROMs. I'd really like a phone with a larger battery, as well. I'm kinda liking the S4, but I feel like the ROM support won't be as good (didn't the CyanogenMod team say they're skipping the S4?), and I don't know what (if any) future Verizon phones AOKP will develop for.

I've also been very interested in the supposed "X Phone", but from what I heard, the leaked specs weren't that great? I dunno. If the specs aren't that great, that means the battery is probably not much better than the base GNex battery (it'd be nice to see a battery more like that of the Razr Maxx, but I doubt that).

So, kinda looks like slim pickings, for me. Blah.

I'm also on a Gnex and have had some similar thoughts.

Brief additional thoughts:

A couple of devs from CM said they won't work on the S4, someone else from CM said that those two don't speak for every dev. My guess is that you will see support for the Snapdragon version much earlier than the Exynos version.

The X-Phone doesn't seem like it's the phone to end all phones, but as you know from the Gnex, if you've compared it to anything that came out last year other than the Nexus 4, what it looks like on paper doesn't tell the whole story. The two best rumors about the X Phone are 1) all carriers 2) stock Android. The two most important Google comments about their devices this year (could be X, could be Nexus, who knows?) are improvements in battery life and camera quality. I don't think throwing this one away before seeing it is a good idea.

I'm also on Verizon and I haven't seen them release a single phone that I consider to be hand's down superior to the GNex, since I got it in 2011, because they all have compromises that **** me off and make it not worth it to sign another contract. In my area Verizon is by far the best service, nothing is even close, and the rate is about the same as AT&T and Sprint; I'm pretty much staying because of unlimited data, but that'll only last so long.

Moto's typical release months are July and November; I'm personally not doing anything before I see the X Phone, but might be leaving Verizon for the Nexus 5 if nothing comes out between now and then that has the, "wow" factor.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello,Chatter it's been a while..i must admit i have been neglecting chatter for another forum website..however in my defense Cory Streater owns it.I'm back now..oh..i will also be joining the night shift..tonight at least.It's good to be back

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37