Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Coffee and Windows 8.1 :) :thumbup:
typy2u4e.jpg

Sent from my M7 using Tapatalk

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
How is windows 8.1 compared to 7 or vista?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

It's awesome as far as ux and design absolutely love the way everything looks, but desktop usability is much less... You can definitely tell that it's made for touchscreens and portable devices. Overall I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it. I'll put it this way, if windows 7 was $50 and 8 was $80 I'd buy seven without even blinking.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It's awesome as far as ux and design absolutely love the way everything looks, but desktop usability is much less... You can definitely tell that it's made for touchscreens and portable devices. Overall I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it. I'll put it this way, if windows 7 was $50 and 8 was $80 I'd buy seven without even blinking.

I hope I get the update when I get home.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Im thinking of upgrading it to 7 ive neglected the computer its got 3 gigs of ram and a pentium d @3.0 gigs and 4 l2 cache it was a vista first gen acer the other one i was looking at ran xp media center to put it in perspective

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Im thinking of upgrading it to 7 ive neglected the computer its got 3 gigs of ram and a pentium d @3.0 gigs and 4 l2 cache it was a vista first gen acer the other one i was looking at ran xp media center to put it in perspective

ouch that stinks man, i just built myself this pc earlier this year and its a freaking beast. all other computers seem terribly slow anymore, ive spoiled myself...
also for all you windows 8.1 guys just read this Microsoft Releases Remote Desktop for Android and iOS just installed now gonna give it a go

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
ouch that stinks man, i just built myself this pc earlier this year and its a freaking beast. all other computers seem terribly slow anymore, ive spoiled myself...
also for all you windows 8.1 guys just read this Microsoft Releases Remote Desktop for Android and iOS just installed now gonna give it a go

Not sure if it's my settings or what, but having cannot connect on any account on my PC, which is weird because I can remote in from my work PC.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Dont have the extra$$ to invest in it i just came off of 3 months un employment im screwed
But if i had it i would get a top tiered haswell asus motherboard win7 64 bit nvidea graphix cards put it in an sli a nice case a blue ray drive possibly a 1000 +watt power supply a 200 gig ssd(for system only) and a terabyte drive for all of my programs (safer that way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon