[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Good morning Chatter!

I saw the weather posts above, and we are getting weird weather her in the Washington DC area too. Our weather is forecasted to hit the 70's this weekend.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Good morning Chatter!

I saw the weather posts above, and we are getting weird weather her in the Washington DC area too. Our weather is forecasted to hit the 70's this weekend.

Tell me about it!
1387465681146.jpg

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Finally you see the light! Samsung isn't good. Moto HTC heck maybe LG are all better.

Posted via Android Central App

I am going to agree. Samsung has its paws in way to many things and is to big. No longer a fan.....besides, the android experience has gone down IMHO. Samsung is to busy with its own proprietary software rather than try and gel with Google.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I am going to agree. Samsung has its paws in way to many things and is to big. No longer a fan.....besides, the android experience has gone down IMHO. Samsung is to busy with its own proprietary software rather than try and gel with Google.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You forgot HTC last year lol. One V,One S,One VX, One X,One XL

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
S4 was my last Samsung and unless something bad happens it's my last AT&T bought phone. Nexus from here on out.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy S4 is the first Samsung phone that I ever bought.

I use to buy mostly Motorola phones before. Then Motorola gave us the stick not updating the Photon 4G to Android 4.0.

So, Motorola is now on my hate list together with HP.
They both suck and will not see money from me in a long, long time!

Of course this is my opinion and those who didn't get burn by Motorola will not care about it.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't look that way this year with the One. Only the US carriers slowed down the One updates.

I have to agree! HTC has stepped-up to the plate with the updates (4.3 & 4.4). I also agree that the carriers are the ones that have slowed the software updates.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No way HTC is a good company. Worlds worst software support

You forgot HTC last year lol. One V,One S,One VX, One X,One XL

I like HTC because it has good build quality. I hate it because their software support is horrid.

They changed that this year.

Furthermore, the problem with updating legacy devices is that while HTC could update their devices, such a task causes them to lose money. HTC doesn't have Samsung's level of funding. So, put money where it matters (HTC One) so you can make a return on your investment. An updated HTC One stays in the press and keeps selling.

Since the One did significantly better than the One X and series, it should be easy to justify further updates.

Not gonna check if that makes sense. I'm so tired.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
They changed that this year.

Furthermore, the problem with updating legacy devices is that while HTC could update their devices, such a task causes them to lose money. HTC doesn't have Samsung's level of funding. So, put money where it matters (HTC One) so you can make a return on your investment. An updated HTC One stays in the press and keeps selling.

Since the One did significantly better than the One X and series, it should be easy to justify further updates.

Not gonna check if that makes sense. I'm so tired.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Makes perfect sense.