Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean?

anthony32127

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean (Android 5.0)? And mabye even tell us which phones u think will be able to grasp on and receive the so called Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie. Tell us in the comments below :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Really? Ice cream sandwich just started coming out and I'm sure most phones now won't have the right amount of ram or some other BS to run it. Plus by time it comes out we will be on the droid 6 and razr maxxx 3D lol

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean (Android 5.0)? And mabye even tell us which phones u think will be able to grasp on and receive the so called Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie. Tell us in the comments below :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

I'm not sure of the names, since most of them haven't been announced yet.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus, RAZR, maybe Rezound, definitely the new HTCs (although that'll take a while for Sense 5.0).

Past that? Crap shoot at BEST.

Stan Major

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Well we can say a final word only when it is finally launched. I believe most of the phone will be in a need to upgrade their ram as well as other BS. However, I don't think it will have any considerable new features besides gilittering graphics changes.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Look on ICS coming in i guess al those base ICS phones will get update for sure, i really hope Samsung will continue to update GS2, i ant to update without messing up. Btw from where you hear Jelly Beans will be 5.0, i would not expect much dramatic changes as ICS, i expect it to be numbered 4.1

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If it comes out toward the end of the year like some of the rumors I've heard then the Evo 3d will most likely get jellybean.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Does it really matter? ICS is only on the Galaxy Nexus and a tablet or two at this point in the US. Were already getting Jellybean talk shoved in our faces and they haven't even done anything with ICS. Its almost like Google isn't even trying to do anything with ICS, lets just blow by it and go straight into Android 5.0... What signal is this sending?

Starting to be too much, too fast and the consumers are getting stuck with the bill in their pocket trying to keep up with technology that outdates itself every 5 minutes. Its bad for the consumers and I can't imagine being on the application development front trying to keep up with the changes... What a nightmare....

Reactions: johnb0072

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Your right. I hate having to buy a phone that is outdated every two years. I wish the the updates would go to all Android phones. Kinda like iPhone does for their phone. I guess that's how they keep the phone companies going though.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Fore sure the Galaxy Nexus. Do I even care about Jelly Bean? Not at this point. It's too early to tell if it will be a game changer or if it will be a release to further balance ICS. ICS was packed with so much that I can't see Google totaling re-working the OS for Jelly Bean.

Until then, I'll be content with my Epic 4G Touch running CM9 builds.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
cheese and rice guys, really??

1st of all, stop calling it jelly bean...theyre gonna call it jello pudding...actually scratch that, google is gonna buy out oracle and call the new os java ;)

since thats settled...moving on to business

ios6 is already planned to release this year with whatever new fruit phone. obvi its gonna be "revolutionary" as it was steve jobs "last and final masterpiece"

google is going to bust out android 5.0 to compete with it and majority of the phones in todays market will end up having ics or honeycomb at that point.

as for an update to ics....4.05, really?? were at 4.02 and theyre gonna wait this long for some measly update to go to 4.05...watch and see

MasterNex

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Phones that will most definitely get the upgrade.

Galaxy S2 lines and S3, (S4 coming soon)

All HTC released in late 2011 to 2012

All Droids(Razr etc.) released in late 2011 to 2012

In fact most Android Phones that are Made in late 2011 coming to 2012 will get the upgrade, Especially Top Brands like HTC,Samsung, and Motorola.

I have the Galaxy s2 Epic Touch 4g and am already running Android 4.0 that samsung put up as an update OTA. So I believe most of these phones will get the update.

Now lets talk about the phones that will need root to get the update.
-Note, I have a Droid Eris from 2007 running CM7 Android 2.3.7

All the Galaxy S1 lines-most likely-(i have the galaxy s epic 4g running CM9)

HTC Evo 4g(maybe), shift,design, and 3D

Droid 2 and a few others

Most likely all android phones that has developers working on it will receive the update.

-Themer and Dev from Xda-developers.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2