Google selling Motorola to Huawei? I HOPE NOT

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
What I don't understand is, if any of these countries deny the deal, does that mean it just falls through? or does it mean those companies can no longer do business in the country that denies it?

EDIT: Yeah, I meant countries, oops. fixed.

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean if any of those countries deny the deal? Umm, I'm not sure. It depends on what type of arrangements they have with each other, and, if there is any official organization they are a part of that they would be bound by. I'd be curious to know what organization, if any, those five countries are involved in. If it's some type of UN body, I'd say yes, if not, I'd say probably not.

Here is another link on this. Supports why Google wouldn't sell and that they more or less have the acquisition in the bag.

Google To Sell Or Not To Sell That’s The Rumored Question About Motorola ? Android Phones, Android Tablets, News, Tech, Gadgets And More, Thedroidguy

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the main reason to believe that Google wouldn't sell Motorola to Huawei (after Google completes the deal to purchase Motorola) is because of the U.S. government and not because of Android, forcing Android OEMs to make stock devices, or wanting to make Motorola Nexus devices.

Basis

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
If Google has to sell Motorola, I hope they sell it to Motorola Solutions so it can be one big happy company again, although that's extremely doubtful.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Let's not forget that Google might still keep MM.. I mean they want to push Google TV and they could easily incorporate that into their set top boxes which I would say the majority of cable companies use..

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Let's not forget that Google might still keep MM.. I mean they want to push Google TV and they could easily incorporate that into their set top boxes which I would say the majority of cable companies use..

My thinking was that, with the discontinuation of the Revue, Google would develop a replacement for it, rather than try to push Google TV on cable providers using Moto's current equipment. But that is also an interesting idea.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My thinking was that, with the discontinuation of the Revue, Google would develop a replacement for it, rather than try to push Google TV on cable providers using Moto's current equipment. But that is also an interesting idea.

Google TV needs to be built in to whatever the cable companies provide.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge