Samsung Note has a hard "Home" button unlike HTC ONE V, that has

lse123L

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Note has a hard "Home" button unlike HTC ONE V, that has somehow 'soft' Home button, well both operate the same? Or, if you put in your sac pocket HTC ONE V more possibly go to ON state from sleep?

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note has a hard "Home" button unlike HTC ONE V, that

Yes and neither of those phones won't turn on in your pocket unless you hit the power button.

lse123L

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

you mean Yes:
Or, if you put in your sac pocket HTC ONE V more possibly (than Note) go to ON state from sleep? this is TRUE

NEXUS GOOGLE Phone which category falls: has hard or soft button (hard turn ON or easy turn ON)?

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

I have two android devices both pretty low end but they are tweaked with custom kernels and roms so they work alright. One has soft keys for home, back, search, menu, the other has hard keys for those four buttons. I extremely prefer the physical old school almost tv remote buttons really for only two reasons. It's hard to accidentally hit one of said keys by accident and not realize it, but it is easy to accidentally hit the soft keys and not know it. The other thing is dirt or oil, if your fingers are dirty the buttons may be unresponsive to normal presses, if you push hard or move your finger a little it will work but with hard keys even if the push the button with dirty fingers or even something else (pencil eraser) it works every time.

P.S. On the cyanogenmod roms i run one can enable or disable the camera or volume buttons to wake the phone from sleep, i disable these so the phone only wakes from the power button, way less pocket wakes.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

you mean Yes:
Or, if you put in your sac pocket HTC ONE V more possibly (than Note) go to ON state from sleep? this is TRUE

NEXUS GOOGLE Phone which category falls: has hard or soft button (hard turn ON or easy turn ON)?

I mean yes as in, they both work the same. I was stating that it would be impossible for either phone to be woken up by pressing the home button (that's what the power button is for).

lse123L

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

lse123L

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

if is soft the HOME button, is more likely to wake-up from dimmed screen(sleep screen - AND WHEN pressed i mean the HOME) if is in your sac pocket. TRUE/FALSE

NEXUS has soft HOME key. TRUE / FALSE

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

if is soft the HOME button, is more likely to wake-up from dimmed screen(sleep screen - AND WHEN pressed i mean the HOME) if is in your sac pocket. TRUE/FALSE

NEXUS has soft HOME key. TRUE / FALSE

The Samsung Galaxy Note on ATT has all capacitive buttons, not hard buttons. The international version of the Note does have a hard home button, but I'm not sure if pressing it wakes the phone up (it might be an option but I don't think it does right out of the box). The One V also has capacitive buttons. These are not considered hard buttons. You can't wake your phone up pressing the capacitive home button.

The only phone released to date with on screen buttons for ICS is the Galaxy Nexus.

So if your question is whether you will have issues with your phone waking up in your pocket because of the type of buttons you won't. You would need to press the power button to wake it up.

lse123L

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

wake up you mean like: as it rings which wake it up. true / false

what you mean "with on screen buttons" for ICS is the Galaxy Nexus.
Galaxy Nexus and one V are not the same, as of, not screen buttons?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

wake up you mean like: as it rings which wake it up. true / false

what you mean "with on screen buttons" for ICS is the Galaxy Nexus.
Galaxy Nexus and one V are not the same, as of, not screen buttons?

When it rings it should wake up. That has nothing to do with buttons.

Galaxy Nexus has the navigation buttons (back, home, and action button) on screen. The One V has capacitive buttons for navigation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463