Quad core with LTE on its way!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere does the article or press release state that this chip is Tegra 3 or quad-core or even a processor at all. To me the article makes it sound like it's a modem chip that integrates LTE, HSPA+, 3G, and 2G into one radio receiver. While this is still a really good thing for connectivity, battery life, and form factor (having 1 chip for all radios vs 2 or 3 gives greater flexibility and thinner devices). Are people assuming that it's a qual-core processor or am I missing something? (I hope that I am ;) .)

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but nowhere does the article or press release state that this chip is Tegra 3 or quad-core or even a processor at all. To me the article makes it sound like it's a modem chip that integrates LTE, HSPA+, 3G, and 2G into one radio receiver. While this is still a really good thing for connectivity, battery life, and form factor (having 1 chip for all radios vs 2 or 3 gives greater flexibility and thinner devices). Are people assuming that it's a qual-core processor or am I missing something? (I hope that I am ;) .)

It's just a baseband chip. No CPU. I'm sure there's tight integration with this and tegra 3, though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool