New LG 5" 1080p AH-IPS display

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This one isn't pentile. It's full on RGB, IPS, 1080p goodness. That's 440PPI.

Going to be shown at a display convention on June 4th, and be available 2H 2012.. No word on any specific devices, but maybe a proper Note competitor from LG? (The Vu doesn't count LOL).

The AH in AH-IPS is what makes IPS not suck at lag.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
It looks nice but I'd like to read some reviews before I actually buy it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well...right now it's just a display. A seemingly really good and high-end display.

Given LG's track record with displays, it will perform very well. I'm sure the raw panel is amazing, but a lot of a displays performance has to do with drivers, and that's up to the device maker. So even if the actual panel is the same, performance might vary from one manufacturer to the next.

Reactions: Ry

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This one isn't pentile. It's full on RGB, IPS, 1080p goodness. That's 440PPI.

Going to be shown at a display convention on June 4th, and be available 2H 2012.. No word on any specific devices, but maybe a proper Note competitor from LG? (The Vu doesn't count LOL).

The AH in AH-IPS is what makes IPS not suck at lag.

Amazing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't like LG devices, but they can make good displays. It's for reasons like this that I will happily pass on the GS3 and One X and keep on keeping on with my Sensation. Both are decent steps up, but not quite the mindblown improvement that I'll wait for. Full HD resolution on a 5" display is absolutely mind boggling, we haven't even fully transitioned to full HD on 10"+ tablets yet, and hell, for that matter we haven't even fully transitioned to it on laptops! IPS too, should be an absolutely gorgeous display. Hopefully this tech trickles down to 4.3-4.5" displays too, as there's no chance I'm getting any of these 4.7"+ display devices unless bezels finally begin to shrink. Displays can make or break a phone (for me with the Sensation-broke), so I can't wait to get my hands on something like this.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't like LG devices, but they can make good displays. It's for reasons like this that I will happily pass on the GS3 and One X and keep on keeping on with my Sensation. Both are decent steps up, but not quite the mindblown improvement that I'll wait for. Full HD resolution on a 5" display is absolutely mind boggling, we haven't even fully transitioned to full HD on 10"+ tablets yet, and hell, for that matter we haven't even fully transitioned to it on laptops! IPS too, should be an absolutely gorgeous display. Hopefully this tech trickles down to 4.3-4.5" displays too, as there's no chance I'm getting any of these 4.7"+ display devices unless bezels finally begin to shrink. Displays can make or break a phone (for me with the Sensation-broke), so I can't wait to get my hands on something like this.

The new iPad has surpassed 1080p, and ASUS has the Transformer Infinity with a 1920x1200 display (if they ever actually release the thing).

I'm not too sure we'll see this display in a phone until the next-gen SoC's come out. Pushing that amount of pixels is resource intensive.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
That display with current other specs in a device? I picture a phone that takes 10 seconds to perform any action, gets so hot it scalds your hand, and has 30 minutes battery life lol.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
That display with current other specs in a device? I picture a phone that takes 10 seconds to perform any action, gets so hot it scalds your hand, and has 30 minutes battery life lol.

Yeah, but for that laggy, scalding, half-an-hour it will look d@mn good! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay