Return the EVO for the upcoming Galaxy S Pro

blazebcf

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I found out that on July 11th Sprint will be releasing its second 4G Android device... it will known as the Samsung Galaxy S Pro... it will be exactly like the Galaxy S, but it will pack a 5 row QWERTY keyboard... what's best is that it will have the "Hummingbird" processor as opposed to the "Snapdragon". As you may know snapdragon graphics are 22million triangles per second, iPhone 3gs 28mil, psp 32mil, and ps3 250mil.... now the Samsung will have a whopping 90 million triangles per second fillrate... I will definitely be returning my EVO before my 30 days is up... Sprint has a new policy where your eligibility for your upgrade will return to the state it was at b4 u made the purchase... its like the hero and moment all over again for me... when hero came out I bought it and I don't like it cuz it was too slow so they returned it for me because it was within the 30 days and gave me an MOMENT which was must faster.. but since I got the EVO on launch on the 4th, I must return it b4 the 4th of next month and go back to my moment for about a week... I am perfectly fine with that as long I will be getting this Humminbird SuperAMOLED beast of a phone... WHO'S IN WITH ME ON THIS ONE?

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I found out that on July 11th Sprint will be releasing its second 4G Android device... it will known as the Samsung Galaxy S Pro... it will be exactly like the Galaxy S, but it will pack a 5 row QWERTY keyboard... what's best is that it will have the "Hummingbird" processor as opposed to the "Snapdragon". As you may know snapdragon graphics are 22million triangles per second, iPhone 3gs 28mil, psp 32mil, and ps3 250mil.... now the Samsung will have a whopping 90 million triangles per second fillrate... I will definitely be returning my EVO before my 30 days is up... Sprint has a new policy where your eligibility for your upgrade will return to the state it was at b4 u made the purchase... its like the hero and moment all over again for me... when hero came out I bought it and I don't like it cuz it was too slow so they returned it for me because it was within the 30 days and gave me an MOMENT which was must faster.. but since I got the EVO on launch on the 4th, I must return it b4 the 4th of next month andgi back to my moment for about a week... I am perfectly fine with that as long I will be getting this Humminbird SuperAMOLED beast of a phone... WHO'S IN WITH ME ON THIS ONE?

I might be with you, just wondering where you saw the July 11th release date??????

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
It may not be the release date. It might be the announcement date. Keep in mind that EVO was announced long before it was released.

Great to have more 4G options on Sprint either way.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The videos I've seen comparing a TFT vs Super AMOLED are pretty compelling. I will wait to read more about the Galaxy and whether the issue I am having with the evo is resolved before making a final decision.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea could you post your source on the release date. As for the phone itself, the galaxy looks great. I favor physical keyboards to software keyboards but i do not like landscape ones. I like my pre keyboard or blackberry keyboards. I also worried about touchwiz. I'm hearing bad reports on it. Is touchwiz similar to what the instinct had? If so, I am not a fan of it. As of right now, Imma stick to the Evo

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been patiently waiting for the Evo since my contract isn't up until August 1st. If this phone is out by then I'll have a tough choice to make, but since I don't like landscape physical keyboards too much, the turning point for me will be dimensions. If they squeeze that keyboard in there and make the thing thin and sleek and if it just plain looks/feels fantastic, then I'll give it heavy consideration. Having beefier internals will also help, but if it's bulky and ugly because of the keyboard then I'll make the sacrifice and stick with the Evo. Also is the screen 4" like the Galaxy S?

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
The videos I've seen comparing a TFT vs Super AMOLED are pretty compelling. I will wait to read more about the Galaxy and whether the issue I am having with the evo is resolved before making a final decision.

Samsung makes great phones..(they dont update them to often) I had a Impression, for a non-smart phone it was a beast( the best of any non-smart, and even some smart)

I dont think you will have to many problems with Samsung, their WiFi works great!

cbfinger

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How many people would trade their evo for the moto droid X that is coming out? I have the evo and it not performing that well so i dont know if ill stay my full 2 years with it.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
How is the Evo not performing? It is faster than either my Palm Pre or my friend's iPhone 3GS and faster than a nexus One I was playing with. I don't have any of the screen issues, battery issues, or wifi issues people have been reporting. It has been flawless for me.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
my question is that ok so i have the evo and i bought it at best buy and lets say i want to try to samsung s pro out can i return the evo at best buy and get the samsung s pro do i have 30 days for that phone ? and lets say i didnt like the samsung s pro can i get the htc evo again?

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
might get this for my wife i Love my Evo i haven't used a samsung since the instinct i had 7 of those and 6 palm pre's never had to replace my Hero and My launch day EVO is still looking good. My wife had samsung before and she just cares about if it works good or not.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I think one concern about the Galaxy S Pro is how thick it will be with that side slider. The Evo is big but doesn't feel too big due to its thinness imo.

frontrunner11

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I think one concern about the Galaxy S Pro is how thick it will be with that side slider. The Evo is big but doesn't feel too big due to its thinness imo.

True the Galaxy S Pro will be a little on the thick side, but most likely the phone won't weigh too much, considering the Galaxy S is super light to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC