Droid 2 - Hands on

F

fearmychickens

Looks nice. Hope those reps were right about it shipping with stock 2.2. Motorola should just keep skins off their high end phones IMO.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree. However, it looks to be the same Motoblur version that was seen on the Droid X and it didn't seem tooooo bad. But, nothing beats stock Android IMO.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i don't know what to really say. it looks nice but just doesn't give off the same vibe. the soft key menu buttons are different too but i don't know why they would change it. when i look at it i don't think "Droid 2" but instead i think "Droid 1.5"

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
It looks nice, I just don't know if I would be able to deal with motoblur. I know I loved my Droid when I had it and this one [physically] looks like a small step in the right direction.

F

fearmychickens

i don't know what to really say. it looks nice but just doesn't give off the same vibe. the soft key menu buttons are different too but i don't know why they would change it. when i look at it i don't think "Droid 2" but instead i think "Droid 1.5"

I agree. The Droid 2 isn't a worthy upgrade from the Droid IMO. The Droid 2's specs don't aren't much better than a rooted/overclocked Droid. It's like going from a Tour to a Bold 9650.

dbeatty1954

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
VZW Store does not acknowledge the Droid 2 exists

Was just in my local Verzion store to ask about using another phone on my plan that is scheduled for an upgrade next month. Want to get a Droid, preferably the Droid 2. One of the managers there said there is no such thing coming out in July, just the Droid X. I know the Droid X is being announced this week, but when is the Droid 2 going to be announced and when is it going to be available. From what I have read it should be coming out about the same time as the Droid X.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

This is why I continue to wait for a true upgrade. I'm currently sitting on not 1 but 2 upgrades and I want to use them wisely. Incredible wasn't worthy and I don't think the X is worthy either IMO. I'll wait another month or two before I make my choice.

Edit: With the announcement of Galaxy S coming to Verizon, that's one upgrade down.

Last edited: