Chrome on IPad and IPhone

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely love the speed I'm getting on Chrome for my IPad, and it really begs me to question: isn't it fishy Google is actually being so kind to probably its main competitor.

Even if people will then love Chrome more than Safari, I doubt this would mean anything in terms of drawing these fruit device adopters over to Android. So, what gives?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the speed I'm getting on Chrome for my IPad, and it really begs me to question: isn't it fishy Google is actually being so kind to probably its main competitor.

Even if people will then love Chrome more than Safari, I doubt this would mean anything in terms of drawing these fruit device adopters over to Android. So, what gives?

Google doesn't make money the way Apple makes money.

Google needs users using their services. Chrome, Google Voice, Google Search, etc.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't like Chrome on iOS. I really didn't notice a speed difference, Chrome is choppy on it, and there is no reader feature. I didn't like it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
FYI Chrome on iOS is just Safari with Chrome skin and Chrome features. Apple does not allow the use of alternate rendering engines or java scripts.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I find that hard to believe, Chrome on Ipad and Iphone have specific Chrome trademarks like Incognito mode, something I'm pretty sure Safari does not have.

Besides the interface for the two browsers are pretty much different in every way.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I find that hard to believe, Chrome on Ipad and Iphone have specific Chrome trademarks like Incognito mode, something I'm pretty sure Safari does not have.

Besides the interface for the two browsers are pretty much different in every way.

It's pretty much true for all alternative browsers on iOS.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty much true for all alternative browsers on iOS.

Oh? Do other browsers have the same thing? Incognito mode?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

perfectionsu

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
For the iPhone and iPad google chroam is more effective and usefull in comparisons to others browsers .iPhone is very famous all over the world among the youth and businessman.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh? Do other browsers have the same thing? Incognito mode?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/6/28/3124220/chrome-on-ipad-first-impressions

Unfortunately, because of Apple-imposed limitations on iOS, Chrome is little more than a Chrome-flavored, Google-sync-based wrapper around the Safari rendering engine, but the "Google-sync" part of it is incredibly valuable to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci