NFC ability?

EconomicMayhem

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you can do with NFC in the USA. Maybe someone can tell me. I assume it's a way to send files between phones.

In SKorea everyone uses public transport. The sim card in cooperation with NFC allows people to use transport and pay for it later on their phone bills. This has now been expanded to corner stores like 7/11 and at least one bakery here. I can buy whatever I want and pay for it on the phone bill.

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2

camiller

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
You give google wallet your credit/debit card info (at the moment limited to Citi Mastercard) and you can pay for stuff at merchants that can take mastercard paypass. Anymore most of the qwik-e-mart type places around here take them as do Mcdonalds. I suspect that at some point carriers might make it possible to have it go to your phone bill, but the they are effectively becoming a credit card issuer... and odds are they won't have the best credit terms ;) .

You can also use it to access some gimicky stuff, Samsung has some posters in airports that let you get a eBook, or music for your trip by touching your phone to the poster(probably limited to Samsung GS3 phones). I suspect it won't be too long before businesses start sticking NFC tags up by their entrances to do foursquare/facebook check-ins or access special offers. Heck, just about anything you would use a QR code for you could use NFC for.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar