Whose LTE network will take the hardest hit with an LTE iPhone

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Whose LTE network will be crippled the most with an LTE iPhone AT&T or Verizon? The reason I ask this is, even though it is an Android forum, a large number of members have LTE phones and will be affected by this. I would like to hear peoples' professional responses, not AT&T/Verizon sucks. Please talk about the technology and how the increased number of LTE phones will affect their networks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Whose LTE network will take the hardest hit with an LTE iPhon

Forgot to throw Sprint into the mix. As their LTE network continues to grow and still remain an "Unlimited" network, this could draw in many iPhone users. Seeing how Sprint's LTE network is still very small and will remain that way for quite some time can see Sprint being the most affected out the the 3 networks for LTE.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I'll echo Paul627g's comment that Sprint will be heavily affected because it's LTE network is still fresh and steadily being rolled out. However, I believe that Verizon will be the most affected, only because it's LTE network is the most widespread and iOS users will want to spoil the fast 4g fun that android users have been having for over a year now :p

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not Vzw there's is more stable and with the newly acquired spectrum . Also att isn't all that stable. Hell att won't allow cellular face time that says something

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

iPhone or not, they need to prepare network for growing numbers of LTE users, one day it will be hard to find phone without it

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not Vzw there's is more stable and with the newly acquired spectrum . Also att isn't all that stable. Hell att won't allow cellular face time that says something

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That new spectrum won't matter in the near term. The new iPhone probably won't support it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably sprint seeing how strained their network already is. Dump a few million more handsets into the lte mix and yea

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
AT&T's will due to the fact that they have the most iPhone subscribers in addition to the most users on their network using smartphones compared to any other carrier. It means they have the biggest chances of having people go from one type of smartphone to an LTE iPhone in addition to their normal wave of people who upgrade their iPhones every year and those who will be upgrading from the 4 and skipping the 4S due to Contract restrictions last year...

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
That new spectrum won't matter in the near term. The new iPhone probably won't support it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Exactly. It has zero impact now and anyway was the purchase even approved yet? Even read last week it is not even close to being final even if approved. It's not an overnight on off switch change anyway. Besides IMO Vzw will have no issues. They're just playing to the FCC for the 700mhz spectrum deal.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt