Getting in tune; Samsung to shop for software (via Reuters)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Bleh. I like competition and all but they should focus on their products before venturing into other fields.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Other than the Note tablet, Samsung's doing a great job. :)

Samsung needs to play the content game too, IMO.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Other than the Note tablet, Samsung's doing a great job. :)

Samsung needs to play the content game too, IMO.

I agree on both points. Love their hardware. And as long as they don't head down a similar "walled-garden" approach to their content offerings, which I doubt they would do, I would love to see more competition for iTunes and Amazon, etc.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree on both points. Love their hardware. And as long as they don't head down a similar "walled-garden" approach to their content offerings, which I doubt they would do, I would love to see more competition for iTunes and Amazon, etc.

It's all walled garden as far as content. Music is the only thing not DRM'd in any store. Movies, tv, books (most big publishers), are still "walled" because of drm. It will take the content creators to release that lock.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
It's all walled garden as far as content. Music is the only thing not DRM'd in any store. Movies, tv, books (most big publishers), are still "walled" because of drm. It will take the content creators to release that lock.

Good point, you're right. I take back the walled-garden statement!