Switching to VRZN in a few months, pros & cons of Galaxy line vs. Nexus line?

mrjazzbo

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Switching over from Sprint to Verizon in a few months, and I was wondering what advantages/disadvantages the Galaxy and Nexus lines of phones have in comparison to each other on Verizon's service, as in a few months i will be on the hunt for a new smartphone. Can some of you nice folks list off some of said advantages/disadvantages from experience?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ask us again in a few months. Lol it'll change by then.

Right now you get the Nexus got software updates, and the Galaxy S3 for the hardware (better camera, screen, and radios).

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to personal preference.

The Galaxy S3 has a lot more features built in (motion control, s voice, all-share, built in apps and widgets, etc) and has better hardware (faster processor, more RAM, better screen, better camera).

But a lot of Android enthusist don't like the TouchWiz interface that Samsung put on top of Android and don't like all the bloatware that come preinstalled. The Nexus gives you a pure Android experience with no bloatware, which is imporant to some people. It also will get faster updates (although it should be mentions that updates still won't be as fast as the GSM Nexus). Also if you're into rooting and flashing custom software, the Nexus is much more hackable. But really the Galaxy Nexus is running on last year's hardware, although thanks to JB it's running very well.

Edit: but a lot can change in a few months. There's rumors of a new Nexus device coming "soon".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084